Its sad that this organization is hiding behind Price

Metallica

When price is hurt and we can't win games because our weaknesses are UNmasked they don't make trades. Why because they have the excuse oh wait tell price gets back it will all be better.

When price goes into a slump and we don't win games because our weaknesses are unmasked, again they don't make trades. Why because they use the same excuse, wait tell price finds his game it will all be better.

Man these excuse are getting old real fast. I feel bad for price because I want him to win a cup. But as long as this organization hides behind him and doesn't address team needs and improve the team, he is just wasting away his good years.

I agree with your view that having Price allows the organization to achieve its primary goals of profitability and face-saving (and thus, keeping its mediocre management group employed). Winning is not the primary objective. However, I don't feel bad for Price, who consciously chose to sign on here long-term and is being richly compensated. If you want to feel bad for someone, it should be Weber, who never asked to be part of this dreary organization. Unfortunately for him, Nashville is the direct inverse of Montreal, a franchise that knows how to excel without tanking and understands the nature of the contemporary game - which is why they moved him for Subban in the first place.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If you want to feel bad for someone, it should be Weber, who never asked to be part of this dreary organization. Unfortunately for him, Nashville is the direct inverse of Montreal, a franchise that knows how to excel without tanking and understands the nature of the contemporary game - which is why they moved him for Subban in the first place.

Well said.  If you look at that deal and try to figure out the winner/loser, it's not even the teams.  The biggest winner is Subban, going to a powerhouse cup contender....and the biggest loser is Weber, going to this dumpster fire of a team AND taking a bigger income tax hit in the process.

The Habs relying on one player too much is nothing new.  It's been happening for years.  Before Price, there was Roy (you might even be able to make an argument for Theodore).  Same story different era.  Imagine how many Cups this team could have won had they spent like the Wings or the Rangers in the pre-cap days with Patrick Roy between the pipes.  Now you can't buy your Cup, but you still need balance on your team.

• Upvote 1