Jump to content

Nikita Scherbak Called up


Commandant
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Metallica said:

But do we really want to see more goals???, less is good right now.

 

 

We have atrocious D and mediocre goaltending at best this season; that line could produce a goal in every game and we'd be in no danger of winning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

But do we really want to see more goals???, less is good right now.

Yes, solid development of these three over last 30 games is more important than picking 5 vs 9th, I think. Another Sergachev-type pick his year would be OK, especially if Scherbak and linemates can develop some chemistry and bury some pucks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DON said:

Yes, solid development of these three over last 30 games is more important than picking 5 vs 9th, I think. Another Sergachev-type pick his year would be OK, especially if Scherbak and linemates can develop some chemistry and bury some pucks.

 

We should just trade the vets already and call up the kids see what we have and what we might need going into next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DON said:

Hopefully line of him, Drouin and Galchenyuk can at least get 1 goal this weekend.

Assuming he won’t be wasted on pleks wing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Assuming he won’t be wasted on pleks wing

 

If he is, it probably means Gallagher finally gets promoted to play with Galchenyuk and Drouin, so it wouldn't be a complete waste.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Metallica said:

We should just trade the vets already and call up the kids see what we have and what we might need going into next year.

 

Much easier said than done given the cap constraints a lot of contending teams have.  There's a reason there aren't many trades in early February and that most fall within a week of the trade deadline and the cap element is that reason.

 

That said, the Habs don't really have to start trading people to free up roster spots.  Byron Froese should make it through waivers again and I don't think anyone would be too upset if Logan Shaw went back on waivers.  There's two spots right there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Habs confirm that Scherbak will play with Chuck and Drouin 

To see how they do is at least something interesting to look forward to.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

And Scherbak has been sent down to open up a roster spot for Shaw or Danault to return tomorrow.  I'm sure he'll be back next week post-deadline if not earlier. 

Wow!   That’s call rewarding one of the few players that are worth watching.

 

i get they can send him down unlike others, but move some of the bums off this team already to make room for the kid!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

And Scherbak has been sent down to open up a roster spot for Shaw or Danault to return tomorrow.  I'm sure he'll be back next week post-deadline if not earlier. 

Thats what happens when you score well we are trying to tank, what was he thinking......???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Wow!   That’s call rewarding one of the few players that are worth watching.

 

i get they can send him down unlike others, but move some of the bums off this team already to make room for the kid!

 

:lol: I have to laugh. During the last GDT, literally the ONLY positive thing anyone had to say involved the kid and his chemistry with Galy. Now we can't have people saying positive things and feeling good about some aspect of the Habs. The joylessness quotient has to be at 100. It's the Habs, after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Are they seriously that worried about putting Logan Shaw or Froese on waivers.... 

 

Why not keep them? Maybe you get a 6th round pick at the deadline from someone. 

 

Is it worth it to get 2 more games for Scherbak or explore an extra 6th or 7th round pick. 

 

Is 2 games in the AHL instead of the NHL really going to effect his development. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

Why not keep them? Maybe you get a 6th round pick at the deadline from someone. 

 

Is it worth it to get 2 more games for Scherbak or explore an extra 6th or 7th round pick. 

 

Is 2 games in the AHL instead of the NHL really going to effect his development. 

I was going to say that if the Habs find a suitor for Froese or L. Shaw at the deadline, I’ll contribute $1 to the $100 you owe a poster on here for the Habs missing the playoffs. 

 

But instead, if the Habs can actually find trade partner for Froese or L. Shaw at the deadline, I’ll just eat my fist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that we shouldn’t have waived them either, just to play Scherbak.

 

Hopefully he’s back up soon though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...