HABS VS FLYERS, FEB. 8, 19:00 ET

illWill

Gold as usual, sir :halm:

A question: how many of us actually care about the game any more? I doubt I will resume giving a sh*t until the Habs start making some serious moves. It's nothing but a death march at this point, with a boring team to boot.

48 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Gold as usual, sir :halm:

A question: how many of us actually care about the game any more? I doubt I will resume giving a sh*t until the Habs start making some serious moves. It's nothing but a death march at this point, with a boring team to boot.

Thank you sir. 

I have either been having the game on and not paying attention or just not watching the game at all. You're right, the games are pretty much always boring. Although I could handle boring if the games meant anything at this point. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, illWill said:

Thank you sir. 

I have either been having the game on and not paying attention or just not watching the game at all. You're right, the games are pretty much always boring. Although I could handle boring if the games meant anything at this point. 

Sure, "boring" becomes almost immaterial if there is either hope (in which case you watch with an eye to the future), or something urgent at stake (in which case you watch because you're deeply invested in the outcome). We have neither of those at the moment.

It's quite something how far Weise has fallen since leaving the Habs.  He could very well be bought out this summer, just two years after playing at a 20-goal pace (14 in 56 games) with the Habs before the trade to Chicago.

A pretty ho-hum first period overall from both sides.  Scherbak should have shot on that one give-and-go attempt with Galchenyuk but it's safe to say he's pretty confident right now as that's not the type of play a lot of rookies attempt.

Haven’t watched since the game before Anaheim and I watch all games religiously. We won both those games so I’m continuing the trend today. I checked NHL.com to see that the score is 2-2 at the 2nd intermission so let’s see if the streak continues. 

I decided to tune into the game for the 3rd period because I seen the score was tied 2-2....

Two Flyer goals in the first two minutes quickly reminded me why I didn't tune in earlier 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, illWill said:

I decided to tune into the game for the 3rd period because I seen the score was tied 2-2....

Two Flyer goals in the first two minutes quickly reminded me why I didn't tune in earlier 

Definetly frustrating to watch. 

Price has been mediocre all year. Ya, his team is shit, but he hasn't been other worldly either 

Edited by Habopotamus

Looks like I can watch next game. Yay, how rewarding. 

Habsworld #TeamTank update:

Pretty good night for it! Habs lost, and Buffalo, Ottawa, and Arizona all secured a win. Only Vancouver failed to pick up any points, though we also need to watch out for a newcomer to the tank scene: Chicago - losers of 3 straight. 

Habs currently sit 5th last in the league.

On 08/02/2018 at 6:21 PM, Habopotamus said:

Could have been 6pts out of wildcard spot with a win... You'd think these guys would have their shit together. Especially Pacioretty 

They know the team sucks rocks and has zero chance just as much as we do.