NHL trade deadline thread

Trizzak

Maroon to New Jersey

I thought Plex was 50/50 and that Deslauriers would be traded. Plex was traded, and shockingly, a #20 jersey sticks around Montreal for longer than a couple of months. Plex and Jerabek out, a couple of draft picks in. 

Come on people, this trade deadline, like many other before it, was a no show for many teams. Nobody wants Schlemko with a couple more years term, or Benn with another year. The only other pure rentals left were Niemi and Hemsky. Maybe Morrow and L. Shaw won't be qualified, making them as "rentals" with technically no term left. I don't see them moving Carr and DLR for low picks.

Edit: Morrow trade announced as I was typing this. Ha.

41 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Thats what's happens when you're a team that realize on goaltending to hide your weaknesses. He thinks a healthy Price and we are a playoff team. As long as theres Price as our safety net there will never be a rebuild always retool.

Ya, is just too bad they cant make any more changes before 18-19 season starts.

Just now, Habopotamus said:

If he didn't get traded, Bergevin should have been fired. 

As if Rychel, Valiev or that second round pick will be the reason this team has success in the future. Right value? Yes. Fired without making the move just for that reason? No.

On a seperate yet related note, we also traded Jerabek.