Pit       Crosby/Malkin       148
Tor      Matthews/Kadri    138

MTL     Drouin/Danault                 21

Last 2 seasons

MTL      Danault/Plekanec            37

Holy crap that is one brutal stat!

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Holy crap that is one brutal stat!

Yup and the Galchenyuk trade didn't address it, which is a bit worrisome, given that Habs have limited trade bait.

(e.g. couldn't they have got Robert Thomas or other centre prospect from St Louis for Galchenyuk?)

1 hour ago, DON said:

Yup and the Galchenyuk trade didn't address it, which is a bit worrisome, given that Habs have limited trade bait.

(e.g. couldn't they have got Robert Thomas or other centre prospect from St Louis for Galchenyuk?)

I guess those guys didn't have the right attitude.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I guess those guys didn't have the right attitude.

Just seems so goofy, they don't need another lame motto.

49 minutes ago, DON said:

Just seems so goofy, they don't need another lame motto.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-canadiens-attitude-shift-extends-to-prospects?video_autoplay=true

Sadly, our GM seems to be stupid enough to sincerely believe the motto :1vomit:

So doughty just got 11mil a year, we are yet to see what Tavares will get and Karlsson .  Can someone remind me why we had all these lock outs and put a salary cap in ???????

22 minutes ago, Metallica said:

So doughty just got 11mil a year, we are yet to see what Tavares will get and Karlsson .  Can someone remind me why we had all these lock outs and put a salary cap in ???????

The players make 50% of league revenues.  If salaries rise its cause the owners are making more money too.

25 minutes ago, Metallica said:

League is making more money, better TV contracts, nobody in serious trouble unless you count how long the Coyotes have been a failure. When the lockout happened there were around eight teams losing a lot of money with danger of either relocation or being sold.

We had Sakic making $15M back in 1997. We will finally have this season two players making $15M in Price and McDavid. People forget how crazy contracts got in the mid to late 90s with the top stars.

Buffalo winds up taking back pretty much the same salary as O'Reilly's signing bonus.  Interesting - I thought they'd get one of Sobotka/Berglund, not both.  And Buffalo got their 1st/2nd/good prospect (Thompson was a fairly recent 1st rounder). 

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Buffalo winds up taking back pretty much the same salary as O'Reilly's signing bonus.  Interesting - I thought they'd get one of Sobotka/Berglund, not both.  And Buffalo got their 1st/2nd/good prospect (Thompson was a fairly recent 1st rounder). 

And that's why boys and girls I wanted Bergevin to pass on this trade. Thank god he did.

Steep Steep Steep, no wonder Bergevin thought the price was too high, it was. Would definitely have put a damper on our attempt to rebuild this thing rapidly.

I can't understand it but I actually agree with most of the things MB is doing since draft day, making me feel slightly uncomfortable to be honest,

40 minutes ago, illWill said:

As much as I wanted O'Reilly, I think everyone can agree it was a great decision not to trade for him considering the cost? 

I am glad he didn't match the demand for ROR

I wanted to have him, but we are better off in keeping our path down the "reset"

Bergevin so far gets an A- from me this off season.

no crazy contracts signed 

no idiotic trade for Orielly

Only negative is the chucky for domi trade but I dont think its that bad of a trade as some here make it out to be.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Bergevin so far gets an A- from me this off season.

no crazy contracts signed 

no idiotic trade for Orielly

Only negative is the chucky for domi trade but I dont think its that bad of a trade as some here make it out to be.

I agree that MB has so far done well.

We didn't sign another Alzner contract, we didn't make a stupid trade for a band aid, the draft was good, got some picks for a cap dump.

Hope he can flip Patches for something good and move Weber for a kings ransom.

If he can do that then we are in good shape moving forward and could compete in 2-3 years.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic