Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Metallica

I will add Domi to my favorite hab players but its not because this is a good trade but because I like Domi as a player.

Domi and Gallagher on same team sure will bring a lot of character. ?

• Upvote 1

All the hype about Chucky being so  much better, more gifted, better scorer.. yet both players have identical 0.61pts per game. 

As I said earlier, it’s early in the off-season, let’s see what the team looks like for game 1.

• Upvote 1

I really don’t know what to make of this deal.   I saw it last night before bed. But was so high I forgot about it until just now. 

I think that that both of these players will benefit from the change. But why?   What is the real difference between these two? 

It must really be about attitude, because they will get the same amount of points.

I actually think that Domi is a smarter hockey player. While Galchenyuk is probably more skilled.   In the end it would have been nice to get something extra like another second rounder. 

That being said, I can’t wait for Domi to scrap Rob Ray again....oh wait

• Like 1

A guy at work broke the news to me.  My first thought was one of confusion and frustration.  Every time somebody asks me "did you hear about the Montreal trade?" I cringe.  The best part is the same guy at work said that he had read that this will lead to more trades involving the Habs according to TSN.  YAY!  I can't wait to see those gems.

This is a lateral move at best.  It doesn't address any team needs.  Nothing more to say about it.

After sleeping on it and thinking a bit more I’m starting to think it’s not as bad as I first thought. They both have similar production and Chuck is a year older, they will try to get Domi on a cost controlled contract I assume. Could be very wrong but I always liked Domi. It’s not like he doesn’t have any skill and he is fast which is kind of what the Habs have been saying about trying to get faster overall.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I seriously hope that's just speculation 

There is a notable difference between the velocity of his shots before and after the injury. 

They better hope it is going to recover, like it did for Gallagher, but its been a year and a half and it hasn't.  

There is a reason he has 18 goals combined in the last two seasons, with a bunch of those being empty netters. 

8 hours ago, JGC21 said:

It could be worse, we could have gotten Tie Domi.

I think maybe he was trying to and realize after he did the trade it was his son max.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

There is a notable difference between the velocity of his shots before and after the injury. 

They better hope it is going to recover, like it did for Gallagher, but its been a year and a half and it hasn't.  

There is a reason he has 18 goals combined in the last two seasons, with a bunch of those being empty netters. 

What did this trade solve? We have literally gained nothing from trading Galchenyuk.

5 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

What did this trade solve? We have literally gained nothing from trading Galchenyuk.

This is what is so stupid. This team has huge holes at D and c. So what does MB do? Trades a LW for a LW. And I notice those who are trying to be positive saying things like 'well, maybe it won't be so bad.' In other words, it's very similar in profile to the Subban trade in the specific sense that the very best hope for it is that it will prove to be a lateral move. So why do it? Because you're MB and Job One is not making the team better. It's getting rid of guys whose 'attitude' or 'character' you dislike, seemingly a mystical belief that 'more character' is the magical key. 

Domi will play center, who knows if he'll be good or not. 

I'm sure the negotiations went like this:

MB: We are looking to move galchenyuk, do you have anyone who has played center at some point in their life with a good attitude?

AZ GM: Yes, we drafted Domi as a center, he was injured and had an excellent attitude during his recovery

MB: Done

Drouin (Tavares, Statsny, Bozak) Zadina

Pacs Domi Gallagher 

Looks like a top 6 on paper

6 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

IMG_20180616_100220.jpg

The player he most resembles on that list is Richer.

I hate this trade, but let's not go nuts - we did not just trade away a potential all-time Habs great. 

Bozak-Domi or Drouin-Domi as our top-C configuration: :rofl:

domi has not played centre in the NHL. 

He also didn't play centre in junior.

Why is there a belief that Domi will play centre?

He plays LW or RW (mostly LW, but can play on the right).

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The player he most resembles on that list is Richer.

I hate this trade, but let's not go nuts - we did not just trade away a potential all-time Habs great. 

Bozak-Domi or Drouin-Domi as our top-C configuration: :rofl:

No, you're right 

Pretty sure Domi played C at the end of last season. Not that it means anything 

If he isn;t a center, then the deal looks worse than i thought. 

I thought someone said he was a center in juniors, moved to the wing because of the injury. I could be totally wrong on that

18 minutes ago, Chris said:

If he isn;t a center, then the deal looks worse than i thought. 

I thought someone said he was a center in juniors, moved to the wing because of the injury. I could be totally wrong on that

If he was a C in his rookie year, then the deal makes some sort of sense.

If he has not consistently played C at the NHL level, then we traded one winger-who-is-not-quite-a-C for another winger-who-is-not-quite-a-C, in the second of two truly pathetic attempts to fill the whole down the middle by forcing guys to play out of the position where they are most comfortable.