Galchenyuk traded for Domi

Metallica

Per cap friendly...Based on Domi's age, status & stats to date, and looking at the comps signed since 2016, our projection is #Habs will sign Domi to a 2 year deal at around $3M (4.0%) per season. That would have Domi expire as RFA with Arb. rights, but would still leave MTL with 2 yrs of control.

What kills me is that before the injuries to Scherbak, that line of galchenyuk/Drouin/Scherbak was really clicking last year. I would of loved to see what that line could of done together in a full year.

2 years at an average salary of 3.15m

Hate this trade. Galchenyuk was my favourite player. So much upside but underutilized by the Habs. Not sure where our goal scoring will come from next season unless of course the net is empty. 

4 minutes ago, Metallica said:

What kills me is that before the injuries to Scherbak, that line of galchenyuk/Drouin/Scherbak was really clicking last year. I would of loved to see what that line could of done together in a full year.

Sherbak got sent down, then Julien never put that line back together when he came back up

Julien is a bum too. People will start to turn on him more and more. His coaching is prehistoric 

2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I seriously hope that's just speculation 

Yes of course it is, has more to do the trade war and off-loading of an American for a homeboy.:canada::canada:

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

No, you're right 

Pretty sure Domi played C at the end of last season. Not that it means anything 

Well,  he took 10 faceoffs 2 years ago and 412 faceoffs last year, 44.9%. Similar #s to delaRose.

6 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

My guess on next years lineup now

Pacioretty - Bozak - Gallagher

Duclair/Lehkonen - Domi - Shaw/Scherbak

Hudon - Danault - Byron

He is gonna try Domi at center and it's gonna be hilarrrrrious

Who did we trade Drouin for?

9 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Well looks like Drouin gets his #27 back...

Trade makes sense now.  Galchenyuk must of not wanted to give him #27 so they traded him to give Drouin his number back. ?

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

In his presser just now, Bergevin stated that while they believe Domi can play centre if need be, they acquired him with the idea of using him on the wing.

Strangely, I’m happy he’s saying that. I think it’s because I would be pissed if he wouldn’t give Galchenyuk much time there, but is trying Drouin with a seemingly long leash. Doing the same with Domi would be maddening. 

It also means more moves HAVE to be coming.

Could we not have got Dvorak or strome.

I mean Chayka said they wouldn't have made the trade if they didn't think Galchenyuk could play centre. Yet, Bergevin made the trade knowing Domi isn't a centre and we're weaker down the middle than them. I just don't get it 

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

My guess on next years lineup now

Pacioretty - Bozak - Gallagher

Duclair/Lehkonen - Domi - Shaw/Scherbak

Hudon - Danault - Byron

He is gonna try Domi at center and it's gonna be hilarrrrrious

Where did Drouin go?