Lehkonen - delaRose - Armia

Deslauriers - McCarron

Ouellet - Petry

Despres - Benn

Schlemko - Alzner

Reilly

The loose for Hughes line up!

:halm:

I just took a look at the invitees to the main camp?   That has to be the worse lineup in the national hockey league.  We are going to be awful this year.  And I’m kind of Okay with that. We need to get another 1st rounder this year somehow.  How can we make this happen?

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't think there is 1 player in that top 9 who weighs 200 lbs, 

That is one soft lineup

Armia is 205. Domi is listed at 198. Danault listed at 195. Scherbak might break 200 by opening night.

It's light but they will be good little grinders with Domi, Shaw, Armia, Deslauriers, and Gallagher buzzing around. 

Eating at a couple buffets ain't gonna win this team any games. 

Who cares about size and weight.  It means nothing. 

Talent wins games, especially with the NHL getting faster and faster every year. 

I don't care at all about the weight or height of the top 9. 

I do care that we don't have near enough skill.

It’s a fact that 5-10 years ago our team was defined by and even criticized for being full of ”Smurfs”. I never once used the term myself but it seems we’re heading back in that direction regardless. I never minded being a quick team. It always worked against the Bruins.  The only downfall is longevity as small teams can face more injuries (I know it can be arguable) and it’s important to be able to last through four rounds come playoff time.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It’s a fact that 5-10 years ago our team was defined by and even criticized for being full of ”Smurfs”. I never once used the term myself but it seems we’re heading back in that direction regardless. I never minded being a quick team. It always worked against the Bruins.  The only downfall is longevity as small teams can face more injuries (I know it can be arguable) and it’s important to be able to last through four rounds come playoff time.

Except that right now it seems the most injury prone guy now who missed half of last year and is going to miss half of this year is probably the biggest regular roster player in the team.  Our big goalie also has been pretty injury prone the last few years.

On 13/09/2018 at 2:45 PM, Commandant said:

Who cares about size and weight.  It means nothing. 

Talent wins games, especially with the NHL getting faster and faster every year. 

I don't care at all about the weight or height of the top 9. 

I do care that we don't have near enough skill.

While it is all too typical of Bergevin to veer from one thing to another - 'we need to get bigger and tougher! No wait, we need to get younger and faster!' - I completely agree with this. Talent and speed first. Gainey's 'Smurf' team was ahead of the curve.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

While it is all too typical of Bergevin to veer from one thing to another - 'we need to get bigger and tougher! No wait, we need to get younger and faster!' - I completely agree with this. Talent and speed first. Gainey's 'Smurf' team was ahead of the curve.

Talent should Trump all, no question.  I do remember that Smurf team getting run into the ground by Philly in the conference finals in 2009. 

20 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Talent should Trump all, no question.  I do remember that Smurf team getting run into the ground by Philly in the conference finals in 2009. 

The Smurf team was, as I say, ahead of its time. It may have been a fluke, but I suspect Gainey actually took the post-lockout crackdown on obstruction more seriously than most, only to be disappointed when the playoffs returned to being dead-puck hockey. And you can argue that the real reason they lost to Philly wasn't that they were small, but that they just weren't good enough.

That team was path-breaking in another respect too. The much-reviled Jacques Martin deployed a bend-don't-break defensive system that relied on massive shot-blocking to box out the slot and concede loads of shots from low-risk areas. It wasn't long before shot-blocking in particular became the new coaching religion. Thankfully that fad has passed (a few injuries tend to teach some lessons). All told, though, I believe that team was an innovator.

So now, Domi is the new shiny toy to try at C, and Drouin is moving back to the wing? I feel likes it's an 8U hockey team where every kid gets to try every position. 

Drouin-Domi-Gallagher

Lehkonen-Daneault-Armia

Byron-Plekanec-Tatar

Stuff-Peca-Stuff

I would keep Drouin-Domi-Armia line together they looked good on the ice together.

Drouin  - Domi  - Armia 

Tatar   - Danault  - Gallagher 

Byron - Plekenec  - Scherbak 

Lehkonen  - Peca - Shaw

Extra..Rose,  Hudon , Deslauriers 

That should be opening day lineup up front.

24 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

What happens to McCarron??

Does he have to clear waivers? 

Yes, McCarron has to go through waivers now to go back to Laval.  That will be one of the more intriguing decisions they'll have to make.  While his play hasn't been impressive, there could be a team that looks at his size and thinks he's worthy of a look.

21 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

I don’t like Shaw on the 4th line or on this team! We need to get rid of Shaw with his contract and headaches!! With all do respect. 

He needs to string together some healthy games. He does that there is bound to be another old school GM who wants him on the team. But we will most likely have to take a cap dump or cut his salary by a million or so to get it done.

Maybe Lou on the Islanders will get annoyed with Josh Ho-Sang and take Shaw off our hands for him. I'm dreaming.

17 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He needs to string together some healthy games. He does that there is bound to be another old school GM who wants him on the team. But we will most likely have to take a cap dump or cut his salary by a million or so to get it done.

Maybe Lou on the Islanders will get annoyed with Josh Ho-Sang and take Shaw off our hands for him. I'm dreaming.

Even if it happened, Bergevin and Ho-Sang would clash within a few months, and then we'd trade him for someone like Loui Eriksson or Milan Lucic

My Loose for Hughes lineup:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Drouin-Domi-Armia

Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen

Byron-Peca-Scherbak

Shinkaruk, (A.Shaw),

Reilly-Petry

Alzner-Juulsen

Benn-Lernout

Schlemko, Ouellet, (Weber)

===

Mete starets in Laval to develop. McCarron and Delarose are traded for draft pick(s) if they do not show any upside during training camp

1 hour ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

When heathy...

Drouin/Domi/Armia

Lehkonen/Daneault/Gallagher

Byron/Plexs/Scherbak 

Hudon/Peca/Shaw

Dela Rose/Deslauriers 

What happens to McCarron??

Does he have to clear waivers? 

did you forget Tatar?

1 hour ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Yes I did.. lol

I was focusing more on the youth movement, making sure Scherbak and Hudon don’t get left out. Your lineup combination looks more realistic.?

haha, I thought that you must have forgotten.

It is tough putting together a team from so many players. I hav ebeen trying to keep Hudon in there, because he earned a spot last year and he is one of the few fracophones on the team. But this year it is getting tough