Could our lineup look like this

titanfan

Centres: Danault, Peca, Plekanec

Natural RW: Gallagher, Armia, Scherbak

Any Position: Shaw, Drouin, Hudon

Natural LW: Tatar, Domi, Deslauriers 

Either wing: Byron, Lehkonen

Fringe: De la Rose (LW/C), McCarron (RW/C), Froese (C/RW)

Rookies that could crack lineup: Kotkaniemi (C), Suzuki (C/RW)

That's 19 forwards for 13 spots. Even if we cut the rookies and Froese there is still too many guys for the spots. Someone is going to sit or play 4th line when they shouldn't. 

32 minutes ago, Link67 said:

right now I am thinking..

Drouin - Domi - Byron

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Lehkonen - Peca - Armia

Hudon - Plekanec - Scherbak

Rielly - Petry

Mete - Julssen

Alzner - Schlemko

That first line will give teams fits. Talk about speed to burn!

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Byron-Domi-Drouin

Lehkonen(LW/RW)-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Hudon-Plekanec-Scherbak

Damn you Peca! Why make everyone who thinks Kotkaniemi should be sent back to Finland right. We have too many centers? :ph34r:

Reilly-Petry

Mete-Alzner

Benn-Schlemko

Juulsen 

Price

Niemi

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Drouin

Domi-Danault-Gallagher

Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen

Byron-Peca-Scherbak/Armia

If I didn’t know it wouldn’t happen.

We do have too many forwards so obviously Kotkaniemi won’t be here. 

Why is Armia getting so much love? He hasn't showed top-6 talent and seems like a bottom-6 forward?

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Drouin-Kotka/Domi-Lehkonen

Byron-Peca-Scherbak

Hudon-Plekanec-Armia

Ward (No DeLaRose)

Kotkaniemi sent to Findland after a few games

Reilly-Petry

Alzner-Ouellet

Schlemko-Lernout

(I'll get criticised for this, but Mete-Juulsen in Laval to start the season)

Edited by alfredoh2009
explained Kotka's short-term

10 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Why is Armia getting so much love? He hasn't showed top-6 talent and seems like a bottom-6 forward?

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher

Drouin-Kotka/Domi-Lehkonen

Byron-Peca-Scherbak

Hudon-Plekanec-Armia

Ward (No DeLaRose)

Kotkaniemi sent to Findland after a few games

Reilly-Petry

Alzner-Ouellet

Schlemko-Lernout

(I'll get criticised for this, but Mete-Juulsen in Laval to start the season)

attitude 

13 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Jets fans have often said every 1/4 games he has a great game, but the other 3 he's just average. So the hope is that the Jets just didn't have room or patience for him and he breaks out the way guys like Weise and Danault have. And with the lack of size in the lineup, Julien would likely play him up in the top six just for that reason.

11 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Jets fans have often said every 1/4 games he has a great game, but the other 3 he's just average. So the hope is that the Jets just didn't have room or patience for him and he breaks out the way guys like Weise and Danault have. And with the lack of size in the lineup, Julien would likely play him up in the top six just for that reason.

I was called on for using the "size" card when putting Rielly on the tod pair instead of Mete. 

What makes me hesitate is that Scherbak needs a chance on the top-9, and Lehkonen is not a bottom-liner, which pushes Armia to the bottom where he played for the Jets. Hudon-Pleks-Armia is a good  4th line!

11 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was called on for using the "size" card when putting Rielly on the tod pair instead of Mete. 

What makes me hesitate is that Scherbak needs a chance on the top-9, and Lehkonen is not a bottom-liner, which pushes Armia to the bottom where he played for the Jets. Hudon-Pleks-Armia is a good  4th line!

Personally I prefer Reilly - Petry and Mete - Juulsen as the pairs so I agree with you. Not so much on size but more that Reilly is the new shiny "did we just pick up a top four defenceman for nothing?" and we might as well see what he has before he either flames out like Benn did or does show some mustard. 

As for size, I personally don't care about size. I just know that's the logic as to why he may play top six in the lineup. He's kind of a Lars Eller/Dale Weise hybrid to me. Probably belongs on the third line but they will see what they can get out of him. He definitely plays though, since he's actually a natural righty.

With this current team, my ideal lineup on opening night is probably

Byron - Peca - Drouin

Domi - Hudon - Scherbak

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Armia

Deslauriers, Ward

Reilly - Petry

Mete - Juulsen

Schlemko - Benn

Alzner

Price

Niemi

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Personally I prefer Reilly - Petry and Mete - Juulsen as the pairs so I agree with you. Not so much on size but more that Reilly is the new shiny "did we just pick up a top four defenceman for nothing?" and we might as well see what he has before he either flames out like Benn did or does show some mustard. 

As for size, I personally don't care about size. I just know that's the logic as to why he may play top six in the lineup. He's kind of a Lars Eller/Dale Weise hybrid to me. Probably belongs on the third line but they will see what they can get out of him. He definitely plays though, since he's actually a natural righty.

With this current team, my ideal lineup on opening night is probably

Byron - Peca - Drouin

Domi - Hudon - Scherbak

Lehkonen - Plekanec - Armia

Deslauriers, Ward

Reilly - Petry

Mete - Juulsen

Schlemko - Benn

Alzner

Price

Niemi

That's a fast lineup! Smurfish but fast

21 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Julien has been keeping Armia with the Drouin/Domi duo for almost the entire preseason. He seems pretty set on giving those two a crash and banger with hands. 

Drouin - Domi - Armia

Byron - Plekanec - Lehkonen

Hudon - Peca - Scherbek

De La Rose

Reilly - Petry

Mete - Juulsen 

Alzner - Schlemko

Benn

The defence is (and will continue to be for some time) a tire fire, but the forward lines will probably be fun to watch. 

My opening night roster...

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Drouin Kotkamania Lehkonan 

Domi Plex Byron 

Hudon Peca Armia

Scherbak

DeLaRose

Reilly Petry

mete juulsen

alzner Schlemko

Ouellet 

Price

NiemI

IR

delauriers

weber

shaw

sorry. But Kotkaniemi has earned a spot to start the year on my team...

7 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

My opening night roster...

Tatar Danault Gallagher

Drouin Kotkamania Lehkonan 

Domi Plex Byron 

Hudon Peca Armia

Scherbak

DeLaRose

Reilly Petry

mete juulsen

alzner Schlemko

Ouellet 

Price

NiemI

IR

delauriers

weber

shaw

sorry. But Kotkaniemi has earned a spot to start the year on my team...

If Peca has a nagging injury to start the season (hamstring) then yes, play Kotkaniemi. Otherwise, send him to Laval until Scherbak is traded. Scherbak has looked lost. It woul dopen a spot for Benn to stick around until we can ship him out 

Why would we want to trade a player with so much potential before he’s even played half a season in the NHL...(Scherbak)

benn will get us a 5th rounder if lucky... 

Peca is fine...

kotkaniemi is not going to Finland!

He is starting in Montreal and if not will grow in Laval and continue on the small ice with Joel Bouchard and company.... he’s been to good to ignore!

4 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Why would we want to trade a player with so much potential before he’s even played half a season in the NHL...(Scherbak)

benn will get us a 5th rounder if lucky... 

Peca is fine...

kotkaniemi is not going to Finland!

He is starting in Montreal and if not will grow in Laval and continue on the small ice with Joel Bouchard and company.... he’s been to good to ignore!

because out of Delarose and Scherbak, Scherbak would probably get the CH more. Waiving him is not an option and he has not earned a spot on this roster.

I think that as it is, Mete-Juulsen will remain at the NHL level, they have earned it. That means that we would probably carry two extra Ds. 

Scherby seems to be the odd man out.

..I don’t believe there is any similarity to latendresse and kotkaniemi outside of them both being 2st round picks to MTL.

zero!

Latendresse excitement was way louder and they still waited until he was 19.

I don’t think so.. I think a Dman gets traded or waived

58 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

because out of Delarose and Scherbak, Scherbak would probably get the CH more. Waiving him is not an option and he has not earned a spot on this roster.

I think that as it is, Mete-Juulsen will remain at the NHL level, they have earned it. That means that we would probably carry two extra Ds. 

Scherby seems to be the odd man out.

8 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

..I don’t believe there is any similarity to latendresse and kotkaniemi outside of them both being 2st round picks to MTL.

zero!

Nah you missed my point. The city was going crazy when Latendresse was 18 that he was a French Canadian Todd Bertuzzi. There was a ton of pressure to keep him up by media and fans. Triple what we see with Kotkaniemi. They still sent him down, but kept him up at 19 when they probably should have had him continue in junior.

Kotkaniemi has buzz and he could play in the NHL, but it's not like Latendresse, and we made the right decision then.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

zero!

Kotkaniemi was 3rd overall latendresse was picked in the 2nd after we trade up to get him.

The thing with latendresse was the Montreal media and Montreal fans were dying for a home town boy super star and they thought they had that in latendresse after he had such a good preseason. Thats why there was such hate on management when they wanted to keep him down in the farm system.

Players are told you earn a job on the team in preseason. So if Kotkaniemi is out playing ever center on the team  in preseason that means he has earned a spot on the team. Keep him up for the 9 games  see how he does.

Nah you missed my point. The city was going crazy when Latendresse was 18 that he was a French Canadian Todd Bertuzzi. There was a ton of pressure to keep him up by media and fans. Triple what we see with Kotkaniemi. They still sent him down, but kept him up at 19 when they probably should have had him continue in junior.

Kotkaniemi has buzz and he could play in the NHL, but it's not like Latendresse, and we made the right decision then.

This is beside the point, but I seem to recall them making a mistake with Ribeiro...keeping him up after training camp and burning a year on his contract by keeping him more than the minimum number of games, then sending him down :rolleyes: Both Fatendresse and Mikey Ribs were hardly cases of exemplary player development, I might add, even if the latter did manage to go on to have a pretty good career after being given away to Dallas.