Max Pacioretty Watch

*checks Habsworld forum*

Same few people shitting on Bergevin and that is all that's going on

*leaves Habsworld forum*

Surely there can be a conversation, or at least a post about the Canadiens that doesn't involve the General Manager, as he is only one part of the team. I highly doubt it though with this crew

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, illWill said:

*checks Habsworld forum*

*leaves Habsworld forum*

Surely there can be a conversation, or at least a post about the Canadiens that doesn't involve the General Manager, as he is only one part of the team. I highly doubt it though with this crew

What would you want to talk about - what an exciting year this will be to be a habs fan??? How we’re all excited to be looking forward to a return to the playoffs???   How price will lead us to the Stanley cup this year???  How many rookies we have that will be Calder trophy contenders and will lead us to the playoffs??? How exciting it will be to see tie domi cheering for the habs??? How we can’t wait to see Pleks play in his 1000th game???  

These are the kind of discussions leafs fans would have engaged to in the past when they were the laughing stock of the league.  I prefer to get to get to the root of the problem.  You can keep on waving your Pom poms.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

What would you want to talk about - what an exciting year this will be to be a habs fan??? How we’re all excited to be looking forward to a return to the playoffs???   How price will lead us to the Stanley cup this year???  How many rookies we have that will be Calder trophy contenders and will lead us to the playoffs??? How exciting it will be to see tie domi cheering for the habs??? How we can’t wait to see Pleks play in his 1000th game???  

These are the kind of discussions leafs fans would have engaged to in the past when they were the laughing stock of the league.  I prefer to get to get to the root of the problem.  You can keep on waving your Pom poms.

Perhaps you're unable to communicate without spit flying out of your mouth at 135 mph, but there are many Habs fans that would like to talk about certain topics without everything coming back to shitting on the GM. It has poisoned this site and it's a damn shame 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, illWill said:

Perhaps you're unable to communicate without spit flying out of your mouth at 135 mph, but there are many Habs fans that would like to talk about certain topics without everything coming back to shitting on the GM. It has poisoned this site and it's a damn shame 

I admit when MB took over, i thought he would be good.  His best move was sending Gomez packing because Gomez was crap and that trade was crap.  But when he traded Subban straight up for an older washed up Weber you had to start wondering what he was doing. He picks fights with all the star players except Price and attacks his players in public. He is not a leader and that's what is need form a GM. When your GM creates more problems he has to go.  The fact that Molson as owner continues to let him operate the team shows Molson does not care. Spending money is great as an owner but spending money on the correct things makes you a great owner.  Molson is not that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, illWill said:

Given the state of the team what else is their to discuss???  If anything it’s the the mismanagement of this team and frustration of almost 25 years of futility that has poisoned the type of discussions that can be had about this team.  

unless of course, you’re a Pom Pom waving fan that resemble the annual parade route planning leafs fans from the Ballard to Burke era.   no matter how bad things were, the current year would finally be the year the cup drought would end. Kind of like Charlie Brown thinking that, this time Lucy won’t pull away the football.

• Upvote 3

This post is the Max Pacioretty watch. No offer has been made and no trade has been effectuated regarding arguably the Habs most consistent player and the captain of the club. I like much of what MB has done since last year, but the treatment of this player is a disaster and the maintenance of asset - maybe our best - is just stupid. 

MB has put Habs in no win situation and continues to double down by allowing "sources with the club" to continue to disparage and denigrate Max when he sits in the drivers seat.  He will not sign now, we will not get fair return now and/or he will walk at end of year for nothing (and again he is one of our very best players)!

Nuts!  

10 hours ago, illWill said:

*checks Habsworld forum*

*leaves Habsworld forum*

We were talking about prospects the other day. There just wasn't anymore news. 

Of course that doesn't fit your martyrdom so

• Upvote 3

What I find odd is that illWill posted that right after I'd tried a long-ish post issuing a qualified *defence* of Molson's ownership. Either he ignored that post (understandable) or he focused on its incidental negative remarks about MB, which were far from the point of the post. It's one thing to say that there is too much negativity - although this is hardly surprising, given the Habs' suckage and the lack of significant upgrades - but quite another to be 'triggered' every time anyone says anything critical of the GM irrespective of context.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Richard09 said:

I admit when MB took over, i thought he would be good.  His best move was sending Gomez packing because Gomez was crap and that trade was crap.  But when he traded Subban straight up for an older washed up Weber you had to start wondering what he was doing. He picks fights with all the star players except Price and attacks his players in public. He is not a leader and that's what is need form a GM. When your GM creates more problems he has to go.  The fact that Molson as owner continues to let him operate the team shows Molson does not care. Spending money is great as an owner but spending money on the correct things makes you a great owner.  Molson is not that. 

Blah blah blah!

Subban? Wrong thread bud and years late.

Molson does not care, bit idiotic statement isn't it?

43 minutes ago, Davehab said:

Wow it’s gonna be a long season.   It hasn’t  even started yet and we are at each others throats. 

Maybe things will will go better than we think?

I am hoping for another above league-average start of the season. Leading to loading up on draft picks before the trade deadline :habslogo: Go Habs Go :habslogo:

The team will be better. Here is why:

Price will be significantly better

Patches will be significantly better (I predict a huge contract year)

Drouin will be somewhat better 

One or more of Mete, Juulsen, Lehkonen, or Hudon will be better

Armia will be a valuable add

Coaching improvements

None of this will suffice to get us into the playoffs, especially with Weber's injury. But it will be enough to send the pom pom crowd into paroxysms of joy and shift the narrative from 'Horrible Habs' to 'well, at least they're competitive, maybe the future is bright.' At least until MB ships out whichever highly talented player he decides to f**k with next ;)

35 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The team will be better. Here is why:

Price will be significantly better

Patches will be significantly better (I predict a huge contract year)

Drouin will be somewhat better 

One or more of Mete, Juulsen, Lehkonen, or Hudon will be better

Armia will be a valuable add

Coaching improvements

None of this will suffice to get us into the playoffs, especially with Weber's injury. But it will be enough to send the pom pom crowd into paroxysms of joy and shift the narrative from 'Horrible Habs' to 'well, at least they're competitive, maybe the future is bright.' At least until MB ships out whichever highly talented player he decides to f**k with next ;)

Boy, do I ever hope that you are wrong.  I have pinned all of my hopes for the near future on a "Lose for Hughes" season followed by some spectacular luck to win the draft lottery.  It would be worth suffering through the most futile season ever to finally land our first potential PPG true #1C since Damphousse.  I would be OK with Price playing really well, and losing that slew of games by 1-0 and 2-1 close scores though.

13 hours ago, illWill said:

Man, I hate Subban.... is that better? 

41 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Boy, do I ever hope that you are wrong.  I have pinned all of my hopes for the near future on a "Lose for Hughes" season followed by some spectacular luck to win the draft lottery.  It would be worth suffering through the most futile season ever to finally land our first potential PPG true #1C since Damphousse.  I would be OK with Price playing really well, and losing that slew of games by 1-0 and 2-1 close scores though.

I think the only team run worse than us - Ottawa - will lose for Hughes. Only thing is because of Dorian’s ineptitude, the benefactor with the best lottery chances will be the Avalanche.  

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/mathias-brunet/201809/04/01-5195167-la-valeur-de-max-pacioretty-se-precise.php

Based on Wheeler's extension, Mathias Brunet of La Presse thinks that Max might be worth between $7.0M-$7.5M per year.

Would you extend him at that price? Especially if you can't get a good trade return?

This is simply one man's opinion of the comparable set by Wheeler but it's an interesting thought.

1 hour ago, gottiyo said:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/mathias-brunet/201809/04/01-5195167-la-valeur-de-max-pacioretty-se-precise.php

Based on Wheeler's extension, Mathias Brunet of La Presse thinks that Max might be worth between $7.0M-$7.5M per year.

Would you extend him at that price? Especially if you can't get a good trade return?

This is simply one man's opinion of the comparable set by Wheeler but it's an interesting thought.

7 mill for 6 years.  Eat the two bad years.  Why not? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Cause the best years are years that this team likely won't be very good. 

And the bad years will be years that we need cap space for Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Our 2019 Draft Pick, Mete, and others to get extensions which will be significant raises on their current deals. 

If we were ready to compete now, I'd agree with you.  But we aren't. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Cause the best years are years that this team likely won't be very good. 

And the bad years will be years that we need cap space for Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Our 2019 Draft Pick, Mete, and others to get extensions which will be significant raises on their current deals. 

If we were ready to compete now, I'd agree with you.  But we aren't. 

I'm not really understanding why this is so hard to grasp 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Will it be 2 bad years? But, I would be OK if was extended 6 years (or dealt also seems smart option).

5 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I'm not really understanding why this is so hard to grasp 

I think the initial question included a situation where we may not get good value in return for Pacioretty.  

There are also people who will be happy Pacioretty is traded as long as a 1st is involved in the return. Judging by some proposals I’ve seen, it absolutely doesn’t matter what the add on(s) to that first rounder would be. When contrasted against this mindset, I don’t think it should be absolutely out of the question to have entertained signing him to an extension. Pacioretty shouldn’t just be traded away for a “well it was the best offer we received” scenario. We don’t need to throw away such a good player in order to get a 1st rounder and “whatever else”. The main obvious issue is that Pacioretty would likely tie in a no trade clause to his deal if he were to sign an extension with the Habs. Otherwise, it should be one of the main considerations at this point. 

All that being said, 95% chance he’s move by the deadline.