Jump to content

Shea Weber named Captain


dlbalr
 Share

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, DON said:

Come on...34pims last year in 82 games. = 1 minor/4.8games

So a different player who gets the benefit of doubt would only have 20pims or 10? Is that realistic for a guy who plays as much as he does?

Numbers dont lie, seems BS that refs call him more often for penalties.

 

How many penalties against him weren't called because he's Gallagher?  He takes an absolute beating and most of the time, opponents get away with it, even when they're clearly committing an infraction.  That's a sign of officials not liking him too and was more of what I meant anyway.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

How many penalties against him weren't called because he's Gallagher?  He takes an absolute beating and most of the time, opponents get away with it, even when they're clearly committing an infraction.  That's a sign of officials not liking him too and was more of what I meant anyway.

Ahh, I see.

Still not sure I agree that refs turn a blind eye to him specifically and Gallagher has been taking a beating since minor hockey and likely is only successful because he is not afraid to take a beating and keep going.

I know HabsFans typically think Refs are harder on Habs than opponent every game, but I don't but it. Officiating is bad for all concerned, stemming mostly from Owners changing their minds what they want/don't want called.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DON said:

Ahh, I see.

Still not sure I agree that refs turn a blind eye to him specifically and Gallagher has been taking a beating since minor hockey and likely is only successful because he is not afraid to take a beating and keep going.

I know HabsFans typically think Refs are harder on Habs than opponent every game, but I don't but it. Officiating is bad for all concerned, stemming mostly from Owners changing their minds what they want/don't want called.

 

I'm not one of those people who think the Habs constantly get the short end of the stick when it comes to the officiating but yes, I believe there's ample evidence to suggest that Gallagher isn't often getting the benefit of the doubt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Davehab said:

After watching the press conference. I like Shea as a person a lot more now.  

 

The bit about his Dad was pretty comical.

 

 

 

The man deserves every bit of the nomination, Gallagher would have too, Shea is just the safer more experienced choice, there was no wrong answer here, and I assume no one in that locker room, in the front office, or around the league for that matter thinks other wise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just realized the “A” on my Weber jersey is now a lie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Link67 said:

 

The bit about his Dad was pretty comical.

 

 

 

The man deserves every bit of the nomination, Gallagher would have too, Shea is just the safer more experienced choice, there was no wrong answer here, and I assume no one in that locker room, in the front office, or around the league for that matter thinks other wise.

Yes, he actually may have more witty responses for the reporters than expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DON said:

 

Lots of time for ol' Skills Gill. :thumbs_up: Good input from him. The Weber captaincy was kind of a no-brainer, and I'm sure he'll do well in the role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...