2018/19 Laval Rocket General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

3 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

Maybe bring in some prospects to give laval extra depth?

I don't know how you free up prospects, they are pretty much off limits till their season expire. I am thinking maybe trading defense for forward at the AHL level, or maybe a final piece in an NHL deal? 

It's a shoulder injury for McCarron, no word on how much longer he'll be out.  Waked is out long-term with an upper-body injury.  Evans is expected to return tomorrow against Toronto while Alzner has been recalled (despite no announcement again by the team).

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

McCarron had season ending surgery. Likely also Habs career ending surgery.

With the way he was playing before the injury, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave him one more look.  It might come down to McCarron being willing to take something other than the qualifying offer though (less NHL money for more AHL pay).

9 hours ago, dlbalr said:

With the way he was playing before the injury, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave him one more look.  It might come down to McCarron being willing to take something other than the qualifying offer though (less NHL money for more AHL pay).

I think he is damn close-- I think he gets signed somewhere

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DON said:

https://twitter.com/RocketLaval/status/1099163203358068736

Fleury interview

5g 9a 38gms

But with a team worst -9, assume his defending hasnt been the greatest...yet?

He has had some adventures in his own end but that could be said for a lot of players.  All in all, he's had a pretty strong rookie season considering he could still be at the junior level.

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Dale Weise has been recalled, as expected.  By doing it before the deadline, they're ensuring that he will not be eligible to go back down for the rest of the season.

Little late to go the 'tank' route, but this will help that.

It was trade deadline day in the AHL today and Laval made one move, sending Adam Plant to Milwaukee for future considerations.  I'd have preferred, you know, an actual body coming the other way given that there's basically no remaining depth in the system (aside from goalies).

47 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It was trade deadline day in the AHL today and Laval made one move, sending Adam Plant to Milwaukee for future considerations.  I'd have preferred, you know, an actual body coming the other way given that there's basically no remaining depth in the system (aside from goalies).

Old news, but I never really understood why Bergevin didnt just pick Scherbak off waivers.

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Old news, but I never really understood why Bergevin didnt just pick Scherbak off waivers.

That would've helped a bit.  I guess they decided that they didn't think he had NHL upside so why waste a contract and a spot in the lineup for a non-prospect.  I'd have done it but there are a lot of things I'd have done with an eye on actually making this team relevant.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Reporters need to start pressuring Bergevin on management's mishandling of the farm team. 

Unless a slew of overager signings are coming, Laval is running on fumes. 

Probably 80% of the beat writers don't follow Laval all that closely, the ones that do wouldn't use their allotted question or two in a presser for a Laval question, and the independents that would bring it up can't get credentials so I gave up hope on that a while ago.

There will probably be a run of low-end college free agents and maybe a junior guy or two getting ATOs in the coming weeks like they did last year.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic