Domi > Galchenyuk

The thing is, he's a playmaker. 

One thing about the Habs last season is that between Galy, Patches, and Drouin, they had three key FWs who don't really use their teammates. Galy and Drouin default to the individual deke play, while Patches relies on guys to get him the puck so he can either rifle it, or drive around defenders on the outside. You can see where a team top-heavy with guys like that might struggle to click as a unit. We're not used to seeing a guy dish passes like that in Habsland, and it is definitely good to see.

Hopefully he keeps it up; who knows, maybe we got a guy whose results were deflated by injury and is now over it and hitting another level. Too soon to tell, just as it is too soon to tell how Galy will do in Arizona. But the early returns look good.

Domi has a great work ethic and he has a lot of drive in him for sure and I do like what I've seen so far. Where Domi relies on his work ethic, Galchenyuk relies on his skill.

Domi works harder for sure but Galchenyuk has significantly more skill.

Too early to tell but this might be a win for both teams

I was sceptical, but in the early goings I have to say I've loved watching Domi. The Habs speed this year have made them so far a really entertaining team to watch. Pleasantly surprised for sure!

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Domi has a great work ethic and he has a lot of drive in him for sure and I do like what I've seen so far. Where Domi relies on his work ethic, Galchenyuk relies on his skill.

Domi works harder for sure but Galchenyuk has significantly more skill.

Too early to tell but this might be a win for both teams

Domi works hard to be sure but I wouldn’t even say Galchenyuk has more skill than him. Some of the passes he has been dishing are beautiful and the way he opens up the ice for his teammates are a thing of beauty. That’s skill!

Only thing I would say Galchenyuk has over Domi is his shot.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Hey guys. I'm calling it now. Shea Weber for the 2016-17 Norris! What a trade.

You were close, Weber finished 6th in Norris trophy voting that year while PK didn't get a single vote

• Upvote 2

As an 18 year old kid making the team, I viewed Galchenyuk as a player with all of the talent in the world but just had to put the pieces together to become elite. 

As a 24 year old young man, I STILL view Galchenyuk as a player with all of that talent, but he can't seem to put it all together. 

Watching Domi work hard and make smart plays is a breath of fresh air, and I can very much assume that his teammates feel the same way. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Hey guys. I'm calling it now. Shea Weber for the 2016-17 Norris! What a trade.

Didnt Karlsson already win that one?:popcorn:

Obviously too early to get wrapped up in this debate already.

With that said, Domi has looked great, no comparisons and arguments and especially rekindling of old debates needed, the player I see is a player I can appreciate having on this team. A playmaking version of Gallagher is exactly what I was hoping for, and it looks like what I am seeing at the moment, and if that's the player we are getting all year, I don't need to compare him to anyone I will just be thrilled to have him here..

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Toronthab said:

So... does this mean that the Bergevin dragging behind a Montreal bus is being postponed?????:huh:

I think the guy right now it a ^#$%ed up clone of MB :D

• Upvote 1

I must admit that I was one of those guys who hated this deal. But the more I see Domi, the more I like what I see. I still believe that Arizona got the forward with better skills, but my guess is that Domi might actually end up with more points then Chucky this year!

Nice picture of Drouin, Domi and Lehkonen talking after practice, thank to Eric Engels. I think I will change my picture in what I think may be a defining moment of this season (I hope, itf not I'll go back to Mr. Potato :) )

DpUiXGuUUAAi2nD.jpg

15 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Tatar (2g, 1a, +3) > MaxiPad (1g, 0a, -1)  so far also.

I think the general feeling is the the Patches trade was pretty good return (Nick Suzuski & Tartar) was a pretty good return, and still early to evaluate. That has nothing to do with the Domi trade which is too early to evaluate.

If we make a killing like the avs have on the Duchane trade that would be good. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Midway through November, and Domi is definitely superior to Chucky!  Yes, Domi had back to back 9 goal seasons, but he's already got 10 goals this year. He's on pace to score 99 points. Even if he does slow down (which I expect he will), he has a very good chance of finishing with at least 70 points this season (which would be amazing!)

Not to mention that unlike Chucky, Domi is a way better defensive player!

• Like 1