Paul Byron - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Joel Armia
Charles Hudon - Matthew Peca - Nicolas Deslauriers
Jordie Benn - Jeff Petry
Mike Reilly - Victor Mete
Karl Alzner - Xavier Ouellet

Carey Price
Scratches Andrew Shaw, Nikita Scherbak
Injuries Noah Juulsen, Tomas Plekanec, David Schlemko, Shea Weber

(Defence pairings are a guess with Juulsen out.)

https://i.marqueur.com/hockey/i/logo/nhl/2_9_b.gif
6-2-2 record
Forwards Defence/Goalie
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Pastrnak
Danton Heinen - David Krejci - Jake DeBrusk
Anders Bjork - Joakim Nordstrom - Chris Wagner
Ryan Donato - Sean Kuraly - Noel Acciari
Zdeno Chara - Brandon Carlo
Matt Grzelcyk - John Moore
Jeremy Lauzon - Steven Kampfer

Tuukka Rask
Scratches None
Injuries David Backes, Torey Krug, Charlie McAvoy, Kevan Miller, Urho Vaakanainen

Puck Drop National TV Regional TV Radio
7:00 PM EST City, TVA Sports, NHLN NESN TSN 690 | FM 98.5

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

This will be NHL game #10 for Kotkaniemi, so we can officially look forward to him staying with the club for the full season.

Not necessarily.  There is a second threshold (40 games on the active roster) that matters for UFA eligibility purposes.  If he struggles between now and then, they'd be wise to send him down.  (That said, they did keep Mete up for no good reason last year when it was clear he was struggling badly...)

29 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

This will be NHL game #10 for Kotkaniemi, so we can officially look forward to him staying with the club for the full season.

Now that passed 9 game bit and playing well, is he still likely be loaned to Finland junior team at X-mas? When he really does help the Habs with numerous smart plays every game.

Bout time for Kotkaniemi to bury one and in Boston would be as good place as any.:clap:

1 hour ago, DON said:

Now that passed 9 game bit and playing well, is he still likely be loaned to Finland junior team at X-mas? When he really does help the Habs with numerous smart plays every game.

The world juniors might be good for him. Going back to Finland less clearly good for his development: big ice surface, and his Finnish team (Assat) is struggling badly, mired in last place in the Liiga.

38 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't think he is going to the World Juniors.  I also don't think he's headed back to finland or laval.  He's been too good. 

I agree that he's probably not going to the world juniors. That said, I do think it might be good for him.

13 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I agree that he's probably not going to the world juniors. That said, I do think it might be good for him.

I hope management is sensitive to his level of comfort playing in the NHL.  True, he is not hurting the team but at this point I don't know how much he is helping either.  From watching him play I sometimes catch some frustration on his part.  He is used to having a larger impact on the game and one hopes that the new reality of this higher level of competition doesn't sap him of his confidence.  If we had to use Peca as our 3rd C and Plek as the 4rth we would be ok for now but if they really feel he is best staying up then so be it.  I just don't want him to be rushed unnecessarily.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

The world juniors might be good for him. Going back to Finland less clearly good for his development: big ice surface, and his Finnish team (Assat) is struggling badly, mired in last place in the Liiga.

I think the World Juniors would be good for him.  He'd get a lot more playing time and probably a lot more confidence in a top role.

It's interesting that you note his Finnish team being bad as a negative - I actually viewed that as a positive reason for him to go back there.  He'd get tons of ice time, an easier schedule (good for his physical development), and since his season would be over in mid-March as a non-playoff team, he'd get to finish up in Montreal and/or Laval anyway.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It's interesting that you note his Finnish team being bad as a negative - I actually viewed that as a positive reason for him to go back there.  He'd get tons of ice time, an easier schedule (good for his physical development), and since his season would be over in mid-March as a non-playoff team, he'd get to finish up in Montreal and/or Laval anyway.

Definitely good for ice time. Maybe not so good for morale. Which one is more important at this point ... I don't know.

9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

But ... but ... we have a two-goal lead again. Which team will show up for the second?

I hope they have learned their lesson and continue to attack aggressively, no matter what lead they might have.