Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Darnell Nurse - Matt Benning
Jason Garrison - Kris Russell

Mikko Koskinen (confirmed)
Scratches Kevin Gravel, Cooper Marody
Injuries Andrej Sekera

Puck Drop National TV Regional TV Radio
9:00 PM EST N/A TSN 2, SNW, RDS TSN 690 | FM 98.5

Not gonna lie...the thought of McDavid bearing down on Price terrifies me.  Hopefully the D can manage competence when #97 is on the ice, and prevent Price from having to make anything beyond a routine save.

59 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Not gonna lie...the thought of McDavid bearing down on Price terrifies me.  Hopefully the D can manage competence when #97 is on the ice, and prevent Price from having to make anything beyond a routine save.

Is Price confirmed as the starter now? I hadn't seen anything in the news yet.

Go Habs Go.  Keep GOING.  KEEP WINNING.

Word is Niemi is in goal tonight given his record vs the Oilers and Price's atrocious Edmonton record as mentioned on Off the Cuff just now it might be a good idea.  But what do I know?

Yes keep winning, of course BUT, even if we get a flat tire shortly there is a silver lining.  I base this solely on what my expectations were without Weber helping the power play and helping on the back end.  If we go 6-10-0 or 7-9-0 - 16 games from now to December 15th (when Weber is slated to return) we will be 500 on December 15th.  That's a 375 record from now until then.  So even a pathetic record until then will give us what I wanted at the start of the season.  AND, I'm sure we can do way better than that.  Still, .375 until Weber returns is all we need to do.  I think it's safe to say we weathered that storm.  Please understand, I base these low hopes as reflected only on my expectations at the beginning of the season.

Don't get me wrong, go 1.000 of COURSE

:1gohabs:

HATE that CP31 isn't starting.

I know, he's struggling. But it's not like Niemi just played some monster game and earned a shutout. He was ok against Vegas, not special.

You have to give Price the opportunity to play out of his slump. Against a one line Oilers team, I'd like his chances.

Roger's place is awesome. Nicest rink I've been to I think. Watch nuge defensively.  Kid is grossly under rated defensively imo. This is gonna be a tough game.  Oilers will be hungry. I'm disappointed price isn't playing. 

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Thank God it's Niemi, not Price....my hopes for this game just went up a notch.

That .894 save percentage Niemi is putting up doesn't look that much different than Price's .892.

We are winning inspite of the play of the goalies on most nights... both of them. 

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Giving Niemi two starts in a row isn't a bad thing. 

Either let it light a fire under Price.... or give Price time off to get his head right. 

I’m not going to be that guy who brings up the 10.5 mil everytime things go south with Price. ( he’s getting paid for being a elite athlete in NHL) But “light a fire under price”? I certainly hope that’s one thing we don’t have to worry about him for next 8 years at that price tag! Getting his head back with focus and releasing all issues in his head , I’m all in on that . 

I will not be at the game tonight but hoping for a odd win in Edmonton..

11 minutes ago, Athlétique.Canadien said:

@ Commandant, Mitch Melnick just said that Niemi's record versus Edmonton career wise is over .600. Granted he was with the Mighty Hawks for a time but still, it's maybe worth noting.

Possibly. 

I always see these h2h records as two things. 

1) Small sample size.

2) With the turnover that teams have, how much do they really matter?  How many members of the Oilers today were on the team in 2011? 2013? 2015? The NHL has such turnover that i wonder if a victory over the Oilers five years ago has any value to today's game?

1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

You have to give Price the opportunity to play out of his slump. Against a one line Oilers team, I'd like his chances.

How long? It's been over a year. CJ needs to make the right choices to enable us to win games. If that means starting the backup somewhat more often, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That .894 save percentage Niemi is putting up doesn't look that much different than Price's .892.

We are winning inspite of the play of the goalies on most nights... both of them. 

I know they both have bad numbers, but I feel like Niemi fights just a little harder to try to succeed in spite of the bad D in front of him, where Price seems to sag and give up sometimes.

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

I know they both have bad numbers, but I feel like Niemi fights just a little harder to try to succeed in spite of the bad D in front of him, where Price seems to sag and give up sometimes.

Meh

Don't confuse bad technique and thus having to make more saves scrambling in the crease as being better than a goalie who is in position to make the save.  That's why the numbers mean more to me.