Nov. 13, Canadiens vs Oilers, 9 PM

dlbalr

Not a good opening period aside from Domi's snipe.  Niemi looks lost out there.  I'm not faulting him on the goals (a bad bounce and a 2-on-1) but he is losing his balance and flailing at shots that quite frankly aren't very difficult.  That's not the type of play that's going to inspire confidence in his back end.

18 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The Petry/Schlemko pair looks horrid, and that powerplay was downright shameful.

yes, almost scarier to give up a SH goal than threaten to score:angry:

30 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not a good opening period aside from Domi's snipe.  Niemi looks lost out there.  I'm not faulting him on the goals (a bad bounce and a 2-on-1) but he is losing his balance and flailing at shots that quite frankly aren't very difficult.  That's not the type of play that's going to inspire confidence in his back end.

I just got back home from my rec game and Niemi reminds me of the goalie I played against

12 minutes ago, brobin said:

Edmonton has the speed like the habs, but so much more talent. Our D and goaltending are not good enough for this. 

I actually don't like their overall team speed (although McDavid's the best skater in the league)

They have some really slow players on the blue line and guys like Strome and Lucic in their top 6 arent fast,  We arent taking advantage of them though