Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Drouin - Domi - Shaw

Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen

Agostino - Chaput - Deslauriers

Benn - Petry

Kulak - Schlemko

Alzner - Mete

Price

Puck drop is at 7 PM EST on Sportsnet and TVA Sports.

Seems unfair that Boston's first line gets to have 4 skaters. ^_^

Hoping to sit Reilly draw back in and Schlemko sit.  It'd be nice to see Kulak have another decent game.

1 for 2 on the PP last night.

1st power play was one of the worst 2 minute power plAys I’ve ever seen.

the 2nd one lasted 5 seconds before we scored but what was promising was that a lefty up top replaced petry’s Right hand one timer. 4 lefties and 1 righty.

Ill say it a million times! Change our one timer from a righty to lefty to go with our set up men being lefties and the PP will be fixed...

9 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

1 for 2 on the PP last night.

1st power play was one of the worst 2 minute power plAys I’ve ever seen.

the 2nd one lasted 5 seconds before we scored but what was promising was that a lefty up top replaced petry’s Right hand one timer. 4 lefties and 1 righty.

Ill say it a million times! Change our one timer from a righty to lefty to go with our set up men being lefties and the PP will be fixed...

The second unit started since Petry and most of the top guys were out on the shift that drew the penalty so don't get your hopes up just yet. 

As for going same-side shots, if it was that obvious of a fix, every team in the league would do it.  They don't.  I'm not an x-and-o tactician but there are obviously some drawbacks to the idea as well.  Considering the state of the power play, anything's worth a shot but it's worth remembering that the second unit has had a left-shot d-man on the point with a left-shot forward all season long (Petry doesn't play the full two minutes and Juulsen doesn't play the PP) and it has been inept.

I don't think it's the handedness that matters most on the point but rather who's actually back there.  Until they have enough firepower on the point to make teams actually think a shot could be coming, they're going to sag low and take away the pass.  You can try Schlemko, Reilly, Mete (and all of them have seen PP time this year and last), etc there and teams are still going to play off of them because none of them are actual threats.  Until that changes, the power play is going to struggle no matter what.

• Upvote 1

:gohabsgo:Habs favoured to win, but bet will be a 1 goal game.

But, hope they fill the Bruins net and dont lay back given that the bruins missing 3 d-men (i think is what was noted anyways)!

15 minutes ago, DON said:

But, hope they fill the Bruins net and dont lay back given that the bruins missing 3 d-men (i think is what was noted anyways)!

Three plus Vaakanainen who was the first injury recall.  (Chara, Carlo, and McAvoy.)  They were also down Moore and Miller until the last few games.

Seems like a bit of the same old same old here...Price gets beaten on a 'perfect shot' that I nevertheless suspect the Price of 2014 would have stopped; then has absolutely zero chance on a disastrous defensive lapse; and in both cases the goals flow from ridiculous d-zone lapses.

Sigh...

On another note, I'm loving the HNIC jackets. But they're not being tailored right; all the guys wearing them have too much space between the collar and the back of the coat. Weird.

Even Cherry looks great, though.

Great footage of Rick Middleton! Always liked him (and Ratelle) despite their being Bruins. Vague memories from my childhood.

Can't believe Mike McGeough died! Mr Magoo?!? What a drag.

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Great footage of Rick Middleton! Always liked him (and Ratelle) despite their being Bruins. Vague memories from my childhood.

I remember MIddleton being one of those Bruins I just couldn't hate because he was too skilled, and didn't behave like most of the goon squad did.

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I remember MIddleton being one of those Bruins I just couldn't hate because he was too skilled, and didn't behave like most of the goon squad did.

Absolutely. Ratelle was a class act. Orr, Middleton and Cheevers had my respect, too. But that didn't change the team's status as Enemy #1. :)

39 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Seems like a bit of the same old same old here...Price gets beaten on a 'perfect shot' that I nevertheless suspect the Price of 2014 would have stopped; then has absolutely zero chance on a disastrous defensive lapse; and in both cases the goals flow from ridiculous d-zone lapses.

Sigh...

Sigh is right 

32 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Absolutely. Ratelle was a class act. Orr, Middleton and Cheevers had my respect, too. But that didn't change the team's status as Enemy #1. :)

I remember Middleton better than Ratelle or Cheevers (I was too young for Orr, alas; frankly I remember Gilles Gilbert better than Cheevers because he was in net in Game 7 in 1979). Looked up Mr Ratelle on Wikipedia...I hadn't realized he had such a long career with the Rags before he became a Prune. What I remember is watching him as a little kid and having a strong feeling that he was on the wrong team, that he should be wearing the :habslogo:

Now back to your regularly scheduled grumbling. Habs have had their chances this period. Just can't finish. But I agree, sbhatt; it's not much of a game from an entertainment POV

I had to laugh at Galley's discussion of a replay - "Chaput is off to the races here...but nothing came of it" :lol: You might as well say "the sun set this evening...it got darker"