Mete sent to Laval

Meller93

Meat (Mete) to the minors. I think this is actually necessary if we ever want him to develop offensively. He’s pretty stagnant right now and needs to get PP time and be a key cog for a significant time in Laval. The guy is still just a kid. Loads of time for him to improve yet. 

• Upvote 1

Agree, he should be able to actually score in AHL...if Alzner can surely speedy kid can?

Play the crap out of him; play him 1st unit PP and PK and 30minutes/game.

• Upvote 1

On 29/11/2018 at 11:28 AM, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

great move!!

let him play 25 minutes

and give Reilly 25 minutes with Weber for a nice stretch and see how it goes.

Kulak has played well thus far as well.

I would also like to see reilly with weber. Julien does not seem took trust him though. 

On 11/30/2018 at 7:13 AM, Habopotamus said:

Good move. I agree with the point about him being stagnant right now too. 

Don't fk this kid up, he's going to be a good one

JB gotz this like candy from a toddler

11 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I would also like to see reilly with weber. Julien does not seem took trust him though. 

Reilly has been terrible for the better part of a month so it's understandable why the coaching staff doesn't trust him right now.  He had a few really good weeks to start the year and then fell off the proverbial cliff.

agreed! he hasn't been as good in November, but was arguably our best defender in October. So is that reason enough to have him sit 7 of 9 games? Or whatever his scratching stat is?

If you truly want to crush a guys confidence, the best way is to scratch him multiple games after making errors and putting in his head "don't make another mistake or you might never get back in the line up" forcing him to sqeeze his stick and over think the game that should come naturally! All the while, Mr. Jamie Turnover Benn gets game after game with zero ramifications for the countless erroneous play.

Personally, I would rather Reilly play and work through his mistakes and grow then watch Benn take another shift!

With that said, Kulak has looked good and Im OK with Julien riding the hot hand with Weber.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Reilly has been terrible for the better part of a month so it's understandable why the coaching staff doesn't trust him right now.  He had a few really good weeks to start the year and then fell off the proverbial cliff.

53 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

but was arguably our best defender in October.

Not a chance..Petry has been miles ahead of him since Sept.

And defending doesnt seem his strong suit...Petry has same issue, which is opposite of Weber.

Petry needs a solid stay at home LH defender as a partner. Cant see Bergevin being able to add two top four LH d-men, but obvious that is what is needed.

Fingers crossed Mete's confidence grows and he scores...at least once, in Laval.

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

agreed! he hasn't been as good in November, but was arguably our best defender in October. So is that reason enough to have him sit 7 of 9 games? Or whatever his scratching stat is?

If you truly want to crush a guys confidence, the best way is to scratch him multiple games after making errors and putting in his head "don't make another mistake or you might never get back in the line up" forcing him to sqeeze his stick and over think the game that should come naturally! All the while, Mr. Jamie Turnover Benn gets game after game with zero ramifications for the countless erroneous play.

Personally, I would rather Reilly play and work through his mistakes and grow then watch Benn take another shift!

With that said, Kulak has looked good and Im OK with Julien riding the hot hand with Weber.

Reilly is 25. He's moving out of "impressionable young player learning the game" and into "mature pro hockey player" territory. I don't say that what you see is what you get - he may still have room to grow - but he's definitely running out of that room. I remember when we acquired him, it was either Commandant or dlbalr who observed that he had been very inconsistent in Minny: good for stretches, bad for stretches. He's proving to follow that same pattern with us. I'd say the odds are quite good that that's just what he is.

24 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Reilly is 25. He's moving out of "impressionable young player learning the game" and into "mature pro hockey player" territory. I don't say that what you see is what you get - he may still have room to grow - but he's definitely running out of that room. I remember when we acquired him, it was either Commandant or dlbalr who observed that he had been very inconsistent in Minny: good for stretches, bad for stretches. He's proving to follow that same pattern with us. I'd say the odds are quite good that that's just what he is.

Beaulieu 2.0

57 minutes ago, DON said:

Not a chance..Petry has been miles ahead of him since Sept.

And defending doesnt seem his strong suit...Petry has same issue, which is opposite of Weber.

Petry needs a solid stay at home LH defender as a partner. Cant see Bergevin being able to add two top four LH d-men, but obvious that is what is needed.

Fingers crossed Mete's confidence grows and he scores...at least once, in Laval.

I said arguably our best defender in October... which is accurate

you could argue it was Petry but you’d be missing the bloody point.

Reilly> Benn

25 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He’s 25... the fact we can say a 25 year old cannot  grow and mature as a hockey player is laughable. And I get that your not saying he’s done growing/ maturing but the guy has just broke the 100 game mark of his NHL career! And he was never really afforded the chance to really play in Minny when coming out of college due to Minn defence depth or just not good enough yet.

Personally, I think your maturity in The NHL goes hand in hand with games played not age of...

who is a more mature NHLer?

Player A: 23 year old With 100 NHL games played

PlAyer B: 25 year old with 50 games played.

if we are not talking physical attributes. Then you’d have to say the 23 year old who has double the experience and maturity of playing in NHL situations!

At the end of the day, the point is for me at least, I would rather Reilly play every night with all his mistakes and all over Benn any day of the week! I’m just not a fan of his!

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎01 at 12:55 PM, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

At the end of the day, the point is for me at least, I would rather Reilly play every night with all his mistakes and all over Benn any day of the week! I’m just not a fan of his!

giphy.gif

• Like 1