Dec. 1, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

20 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'd be a little more worried about the habs D then the announcer. 

First petry with awful turnover, then gets undressed. 

Benn was lucky on his awful turnover, 

Yup Petry getting cute costly and i thought they would off of Benn braincramp as well

It was a fun game to watch. I started the PVR after the first period to let my 10 year old daughter watch something else and she asked me to put the game back and watched it all !

Kulak had a good game, I still think he will be better with Petry once/if they find a better LD; but he seems to be solid, mobile and quick. It was good to see Reilly playing a safer game and not forcing the plays. Schlemko was ok too.

Up front, I guess Domi's line was tightly checked, because they didn't seem to be ale to sustain their attacks. Danault's line seemed to be checking most of the night but managed to drive the net a couple of times. That must have freed Kotka's line to score. Overall it was a good team win.

Let's see if they can keep it up tonight against a heavier team

14 hours ago, Toronthab said:

PK who. ?... just kidding...  sob..:mellow:

Weber moves into a tie with Subban with 2 goals on the season. I only wish that Weber wasn't washed up or else he would be more effective 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, illWill said:

Weber moves into a tie with Subban with 2 goals on the season. I only wish that Weber wasn't washed up or else he would be more effective 

Yeah 2 games in and he ties Subban's season total for goals, lol. 

23 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

Yeah 2 games in and he ties Subban's season total for goals, lol. 

Yeah, he had been in a slump and had not scored at all this season, until last night! :D

Slept in my Weber jersey over night.

Yeah, with 12 points in 18 games, Norris trophy finalist PK Subban really sucks :rolleyes:

Now, moving beyond nonsense: Kulak looked solid, and for all that I rag on him, the fact is that Drouin has shown major progress this season. His tendency to go for long, futile solo skates has been toned down, and he looks surprisingly strong on his skates out there. I feel he is closer and closer to putting it all together.

Bob Cole...oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. That was one of the most ineptly called games I've ever seen. Even HE was embarassed by blowing the Benn/Weber call. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, with 12 points in 18 games, Norris trophy finalist PK Subban really sucks :rolleyes:

Now, moving beyond nonsense: Kulak looked solid, and for all that I rag on him, the fact is that Drouin has shown major progress this season. His tendency to go for long, futile solo skates has been toned down, and he looks surprisingly strong on his skates out there. I feel he is closer and closer to putting it all together.

Bob Cole...oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. That was one of the most ineptly called games I've ever seen. Even HE was embarassed by blowing the Benn/Weber call.

I didn't expect to enjoy many games this year.. I've put a hold on the bus. Should I return the rope to Home Hardware? :huh:

54 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

I didn't expect to enjoy many games this year.. I've put a hold on the bus. Should I return the rope to Home Hardware? :huh:

Save it, you may want it for when Bergevin next trades Gallagher.:popcorn:

• Upvote 1

While I never considered Weber slow in the slightest. He is just a big man that can gain speed and momentum from his big strides, he never really needs to use his speed because he’s always in position, a sign of a very smart defensemen.

But that burst of speed he had that brought him from behind Montreal’s net off to a breakaway for his second goal really showcased that. It looks like his time off has done a lot for his recovery, which is a good sign for the ones critical that he could be washed up and damaged goods.