Sens @ Habs, Dec. 4, 19:30 ET

illWill

8 minutes ago, DON said:

They said Deslauriers is out Peca is in.

Can't change my post, but you heard it from the man himself folks, Peca in. 

I'm flying up there shortly and will be in attendance for this game, so I am hoping for some Kotkaniemi dishes, Weber clappers, Drouin dangles, Price robberies and perhaps even some Domi punches. 

:habslogo:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:gohabsgo:

I'm often annoyed by the Sens and can only remember some disappointing games against them in the recent past but I'm feeling good about tonight's game. I'll throw in a 4-3 prediction but regardless of the score, I'm feeling positive about the outcome tonight.

2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Kotkaneimi has started to cool off quite a bit. I wonder if world jr's could become an option now. 

I think they should be considering it.  It'd give him a chance to be a bit more dominant and play in a scoring role (and allow the Habs more time to see if they're going to burn a UFA year - the way he's been lately, it shouldn't be an automatic decision).

Not a bad first period from the Habs aside from some of these penalties.  Domi was lucky to only get four for the fight against Batherson - he had dropped the gloves and was throwing punches - that should have been a five. 

5 on 3 going to hurt starting the period

Is it me or the last 10 games or so know one is driving the net and stopped moving the goalie around. 

they look more like last years bunch more and more every game, shoot from anywhere, hope for the best

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

5 on 3 going to hurt starting the period

Is it me or the last 10 games or so know one is driving the net and stopped moving the goalie around. 

they look more like last years bunch more and more every game, shoot from anywhere, hope for the best

It could be a coincidence but that's right around when Julien said they wanted to specifically tighten up defensively. Not that it's not an obvious thing for teams to focus on but if what you're seeing is the case, I'd pin it on a coaching thing/systems thing.

35 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think they should be considering it.  It'd give him a chance to be a bit more dominant and play in a scoring role (and allow the Habs more time to see if they're going to burn a UFA year - the way he's been lately, it shouldn't be an automatic decision).

Not a bad first period from the Habs aside from some of these penalties.  Domi was lucky to only get four for the fight against Batherson - he had dropped the gloves and was throwing punches - that should have been a five. 

I doubt assat is in the equation anymore though

31 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I doubt assat is in the equation anymore though

I agree.  But Laval is certainly still an option if they wanted to give him a breather of sorts.

Nice end to the period - Domi had been quiet offensively since his point streak ended but he's on his game tonight.

9 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

That drouin play to domi was slick. He is so much better this year. 

and #15 had such a nice set up...even Lehkonen couldnt miss it.:wavetowel:

Funny how bunch Hab goals make game that much more entertaining.

Domi G A and fight (he tried to get 5minutes anyways)

Reilly bad luck and managed to be -1.

31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I agree.  But Laval is certainly still an option if they wanted to give him a breather of sorts.

Nice end to the period - Domi had been quiet offensively since his point streak ended but he's on his game tonight.

Could you see him in Laval?

Man, Danault's stick is where pucks go to die

12 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Could you see him in Laval?

Sure - why not?  The team could keep close tabs on him and he'd get more ice time than he has been getting lately (he was dead last in TOI yesterday in a three-goal game which is pretty telling). 

Here's a scenario I could see playing out - next week, Kotkaniemi gets loaned out (Mete was loaned on the 11th, for anyone wondering) and Evans gets the recall.  If they want to assess his progress in a non-fourth line role, this would be the opportunity to do so; he'd have nearly a full month to showcase himself.  If he falters, I could then see Peca getting a look on the third line - I think he'd fare better there with more skilled players than on the fourth line.  This time next month, management can then decide whether to bring Kotkaniemi back or put him in Laval for the time being.  He'd still have ~8 games left before accruing a UFA year so the demotion wouldn't necessarily be for the rest of the year; they could still bring him up at some point.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I missed Ottawa's second goal. What happened

"With 7:30 left to play, a soft zone clearing attempt by David Schlemko (who had been playing well up to this point) resulted in a turnover. With Petry and Peca both covering their players, Matt Duchene was able to find Stone alone in the slot as Schlemko did not cover his man. Stone, being the sniper that he is, took advantage of the space given to him to beat Price and make it 5-2. "

If i remember correctly, Schlemko was standing alone behind net admiring his attempted clearing, then came late to front of net and weakly tried to block shot.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Sure - why not?  The team could keep close tabs on him and he'd get more ice time than he has been getting lately (he was dead last in TOI yesterday in a three-goal game which is pretty telling). 

Here's a scenario I could see playing out - next week, Kotkaniemi gets loaned out (Mete was loaned on the 11th, for anyone wondering) and Evans gets the recall.  If they want to assess his progress in a non-fourth line role, this would be the opportunity to do so; he'd have nearly a full month to showcase himself.  If he falters, I could then see Peca getting a look on the third line - I think he'd fare better there with more skilled players than on the fourth line.  This time next month, management can then decide whether to bring Kotkaniemi back or put him in Laval for the time being.  He'd still have ~8 games left before accruing a UFA year so the demotion wouldn't necessarily be for the rest of the year; they could still bring him up at some point.

I really like this scenario: "Book it!" :D

I dont see the team loaning out kotkaniemi.  Hes not struggling in the way that mete was.

Just look at the pass he made to lehkonen last night.  As well as the fact his line is still getting a ton of chances. (Lehkonen two goals saturday.  Byron many chances vs san jose).

I just dont see it.

I am also not sure that its beneficial to take a player succeeding at the nhl level and put him in under 20 hockey.  If hes struggling in the nhl, sure.  But now.. i dont think he would benefit playing a lower level of hockey.

• Upvote 1