What has surprised you the most this year about this team?

Metallica

Well I for one thought we would be fighting it out for a top 5 pick this year. Glad I was wrong. 

The first thing that surprised me was that we Had a 30 goalscorer on our team and we couldn't score goals. So we ended up trading him and now we're a team that can score, funny how that works.

Also this team seems to be enjoying playing with each other. There laughing and standing up for one another. Something I haven't seen in a long time.

If we can up grade at least bring in 2 quality defensemen maybe this team can make some noise in the playoffs. Wow playoffs thought I wouldn't say that with this year's team.

17 hours ago, Metallica said:

If we can up grade at least bring in 2 quality defensemen maybe this team can make some noise in the playoffs. Wow playoffs thought I wouldn't say that with this year's team.

To add "quality' d-men without weakening current team, assume you must be willing to mortgage the future somewhat for cup run this year. I dont think is the way to go. Now if in a playofff spot come end of Feb, i would be OK with trading a 3rd or lower pick for LH-d better a than Reilly-Schlemko-Benn, or a regular hockey deal for a better quality LH d-man.

A few more games to go before the mid-season, and what has surprised me the most is: their consistency in compete-level, attitude and playing a quick game.

1) The Defence group is sub-par for the most part, Weber and Petry are good but they haven't been dominant this season.

2) The Forward group has surpassed all expectations, and despite production and results, they do not have an elite player

3) The Goalies have been disappointing, except for the recent hot run by Carey.

But overall, the team has showed up to play most nights and have earned their points and standing position.

That's a great Christmas gift for fans this year. Merry Christmas to all!