First Goal for Mete

zumpano21

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

The thing is weber is clearly hurting and not playing as well recently.  In the same time we've seen Mete play some of his best hockey.  So while i agree he gets a bump from weber (anyone would) i dont think hes chopped liver either.

You make a great point. In fact, as someone who has expressed concern about Weber's play, I can't then turn around and say that he's carrying Mete. It's one or the other. So, let's give young Victor some credit! But I still don't see him as a top-pairing guy, now or in the future.

• 6 months later...

I will respond to this thread in a few months.

He isnt scared to rush or pinch, so it has to come sooner or later, but i cant guess again when he will finally get the elephant off his back. Just kinda hope it is at home because you know 99% of the fans are aware of his scoreless streak and he would get huge ovation.

41 minutes ago, DON said:

He isnt scared to rush or pinch, so it has to come sooner or later, but i cant guess again when he will finally get the elephant off his back. Just kinda hope it is at home because you know 99% of the fans are aware of his scoreless streak and he would get huge ovation.

Everyone needs to remember how young this kid still is. Most D-men, his age, have 0 nhl games played. 

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the goal as well😂 Tuned in now but I was on my way home from work during the first period when Mete scored.

October 17th, 2019 vs Minnesota at the Centre Bell. It’s also the first time the Habs have scored against Minnesota at home since 2017.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Me too! Dammit.

So was Joe the closest with his guess?

12 hours ago, Trizzak said:

The prize is Joe also scores tonight. Heyooooooooooooh!

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

With you?

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

He shoooots.  He SCOOOOORES !!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Is Haydn Fleury  (Cale's brother)  the new "recordman" with 95 games without a goal ?

Yes

One last post for this thread.

14 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Is Haydn Fleury  (Cale's brother)  the new "recordman" with 95 games without a goal ?

12 hours ago, PMAC said:

Yes

Haydn Fleury just scored.

The very next day. 

3 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Haydn Fleury just scored.

The very next day. 

What a coincidence. Although to be fair, Mete did have a good goal disallowed due to goaltender interference (Shaw) last season