Esa Lindell - John Klingberg
Miro Heiskanen - Roman Polak
Julius Honka - Connor Carrick

Ben Bishop (confirmed)
Scratches Taylor Fedun, Brett Ritchie
Injuries Jason Dickinson, Martin Hanzal, Stephen Johns, Marc Methot

Puck Drop National TV Regional TV Radio
8:30 PM EST N/A RDS, TSN 2, FS-SW+ TSN 690 | FM 98.5

Armia is about to come back from IR and I want the bottom 6 to earn their spots (even Kotka)

And the 3 LD better bring their A-game now that Alzner is up and Juulsen shall be coming soon.

I do not expect a win, but this team has been an impressive bunch so far :

Go Habs Go!

Edited by alfredoh2009
Typo

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

And the 3 LD better bring their A-game now that Alzner is up and Juulsen shall be coming soon.

Alzner isn't really much of a threat while Juulsen's return is probably a while away.  He wasn't playing well in his first three games with Laval and now he's injured.

I will respectfully disagree, I think they will give Alzner a couple of games before the trade deadline to showcase him

The CH needs to manage that asset and get most out of it

• Like 1

Showcase him?

Everyone knows he is a slow footed  dman not able to play in today's nhl with a bad contract. 

What's to showcase? 

Im sure he has been given permission to seek a trade since the demotion. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Showcase him?

Everyone knows he is a slow footed  dman not able to play in today's nhl with a bad contract. 

What's to showcase? 

Im sure he has been given permission to seek a trade since the demotion. 

He played a lot in Laval, and if I was trading for him I would like to see how he is playing right now. A game would not hurt before a trade, waiving him would be like giving him away for free.

If some didn't like Scherback being given away, there is a case for not giving away Alzner for nothing. So yes: showcase him

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He played a lot in Laval, and if I was trading for him I would like to see how he is playing right now. A game would not hurt before a trade, waiving him would be like giving him away for free.

If some didn't like Scherback being given away, there is a case for not giving away Alzner for nothing. So yes: showcase him

I'll play devil's advocate here.  If someone wanted to see Alzner, they probably would have gone to Laval to take a look at him when he was playing.  At the moment, he doesn't need to be waived to go back (he gets 10 games/30 days of exemption from his recall) but if they waived him and gave him away for free, I think most here would call that the best case scenario.  There's no risk to waiving him as no one will assume the rest of his contract without some sort of offsetting factor.

There isn't much to really showcase.  Alzner's trade value is tied to their willingness to take on a bad contract from someone else in what would likely amount to a swap of overpaid players who aren't fitting in with their current team with whichever team getting the cheaper player in return retaining to match money.  They probably don't need to showcase Alzner to make that deal if it came about.  He has over 700 games of NHL experience (reg. season + playoffs) - teams know what he can do at this point.

I have no issue giving him a game here and there to keep him fresh and/or give someone a night off.  But that's all it would be for.  Alzner's trade value isn't going to be affected by a few games here and there so there is no showcasing element.  This is not a Scherbak situation.  One is young and is presumed to have some level of upside.  One is old, slow, and what looks like a really bad long-term contract.  They're not at all comparable.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

You arent getting rid of him without serious salary retention or taking a bad contract back.

Which "seems" to happen fairly often, doesnt it?

(would $2m/yr retention be about what would be required to entice some GM to pick him up?)

Danault doesn't want 2018 to end (or he's making up for a lot of missed chances in a hurry).  He got the Habs on the board on a behind-the-net pass from Brett Kulak (what was he doing back there?).  Shaw appears to be hurt as he played just two minutes in the period.  Niemi has looked decent so far.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Niemi with another shit goal against.

I was 100% sure that it was going to be a goal as soon as the pass got through...I didn't even entertain a shred of hope that Niemi would make the save.