Hudon open to being traded

dlbalr

With a lack of playing time (and seemingly a spot in the lineup not appearing to be on the horizon), Charles Hudon's agent relayed to the Habs that if he isn't going to get a chance in Montreal, he wouldn't mind a change of scenery.

“Charlie wants to play in the National Hockey League, whether it’s Montreal or somewhere else.  He’s a good player, and we’re still waiting for [an] answer whether it’s from Montreal or anywhere else.”

https://theathletic.com/750754/2019/01/05/charles-hudon-is-ready-for-a-change-of-scenery/

24 minutes ago, John B said:

What kind of value does he have?  Mid round pick?

I think that may be on the high side at the moment given everything that's happened.  Teams will know he's basically waiver-blocked which should limit his market.  I think it's sitting around a 5th/6th rounder or equivalent minor leaguer (which may be the route Bergevin prefers to go to keep as much depth intact as possible).

I had higher hopes for Hudon than this, but it seems clear that CJ doesn't like him much.  And since the team has outperformed my expectations, I'm inclined to give CJ the benefit of the doubt.

Hudon seems to have the vision and touch that would translate if he were more athletic.  His defensive troubles are a little surprising; I anticipated that he would be more of a two-way player.  Again that might be a function of his lack of speed and strength.

11 hours ago, Neech said:

I had higher hopes for Hudon than this, but it seems clear that CJ doesn't like him much.  And since the team has outperformed my expectations, I'm inclined to give CJ the benefit of the doubt.

Hudon seems to have the vision and touch that would translate if he were more athletic.  His defensive troubles are a little surprising; I anticipated that he would be more of a two-way player.  Again that might be a function of his lack of speed and strength.

Even with his defensive issues I think Edmonton would be foolish not to trade for him.

He'd be the fourth 5th highest scoring forward even though he's only played 23 games...

650k salary and an RFA... not sure why they wouldn't pull the trigger.

Hitch might Ty Rattie him... but he'd be better than some of those guys they are running atm.