Canadiens vs Bruins 7:30pm

Habopotamus

50 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Max Domi and stopping after crossing the blue line to look for a cross ice pass that is rarely there - name a more iconic duo.

He did it again, except this time is was 3 on 3 and he had nobody to try a shitty cross ice pass to... so he skates it into the slot, gets a grade A chance, Petry scores on the rebound. 

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Again, like I said Saturday.... 2014 Carey Price is back.

I'll be ready to say that if he makes it to the end of the season without a reversion to his early season form.  He certainly was cool and collected tonight, but the Bruins missed the net on many of their best chances.

The OT ended up being a nice bonus.  We want Boston in that 2-3 matchup against the Leafs anyways.  

28 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

It feels way too early to scoreboard-watch, but Edmonton is up on Buffalo 5 -2 in the 2nd. Buffalo remembering they're Buffalo would go a long way for the Habs playoff push. 

That would be nice

I also have faith that the Isles collapse is coming.  Their PDO is just too high

34 minutes ago, Neech said:

I'll be ready to say that if he makes it to the end of the season without a reversion to his early season form.  He certainly was cool and collected tonight, but the Bruins missed the net on many of their best chances.

The OT ended up being a nice bonus.  We want Boston in that 2-3 matchup against the Leafs anyways.  

Price has been good for 7 weeks now.  Ever since Weber returned and the team in front of him actually has a couple of credible defenders, he's been great.

What an exciting game, glad for the win.

I though Armia played well with Domi. Domi came though in the end and Petry is making me a believer :)

Always fun to beat the Bruins 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Reilly is doing his Hall Gil impersonation tonight and Mete is having a great game

Weeelll, Reilly was doing more the "dying seal" manoeuvre and hurt Price more than helped. Nothing like the Super-Skillsy snow angle.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

It feels way too early to scoreboard-watch, but Edmonton is up on Buffalo 5 -2 in the 2nd. Buffalo remembering they're Buffalo would go a long way for the Habs playoff push. 

7-2 in the 3rd now.  There have been some high scoring games around the league tonight.

59% for Danault on faceoffs.:1banana:

19:35 for Mete and played fine.

Petry 25:00,  Weber 21:36? Conserving him for Florida?

Benn 20:36 and +2, nice

41saves .953% for #31.:clap:

Petry with 2more pts, 11th in d-scoring with 33 pts already.

• Upvote 1

Danault is such a good defensive forward, and of course he would fit in best as a 3rd line C.  He seems to be more engaged than Eller at least to the eye test, but is he better than him overall?  I'd certainly take Danault but I'm not sure if that's my own bias.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, DON said:

Weeelll, Reilly was doing more the "dying seal" manoeuvre and hurt Price more than helped. Nothing like the Super-Skillsy snow angle.

I specially liked the one where he was swimming back besides the net:hyper:( kind of like this ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Wondering if I should put money down on the Habs scoring more shorthanded goals than powerplay goals in January...

I honestly get more excited when a powerplay is about to end. Finally an opportunity to score again! Habs should rename their powerplay to energy sapper.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I honestly get more excited when a powerplay is about to end. Finally an opportunity to score again! Habs should rename their powerplay to energy sapper.

I petition dlbalr to auto change the word "powerplay" to "powerkill" until the Habs have a PP% higher than 15.

11 hours ago, DON said:

59% for Danault on faceoffs.:1banana:

19:35 for Mete and played fine.

Petry 25:00,  Weber 21:36? Conserving him for Florida?

Benn 20:36 and +2, nice

41saves .953% for #31.:clap:

Petry with 2more pts, 11th in d-scoring with 33 pts already.

Weber and Mete actually had a really rough night.

They had the bad giveaway that led to the 2 on 0 in the first period that price saved.  They also got absolutely caved in possession wise... with just 31% at 5 on 5.

That said, these bad games are rare from them as they were great against colorado.  

21 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Weber and Mete actually had a really rough night.

They had the bad giveaway that led to the 2 on 0 in the first period that price saved.  They also got absolutely caved in possession wise... with just 31% at 5 on 5.

That said, these bad games are rare from them as they were great against colorado.  

Would possession be driven lower when forwards are turning over the puck and not supporting D?

It seemed to me it was not all on Weber and Mete?

just asking