Philadelphia vs Montreal 7:00pm

Habopotamus

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

cant score against the last team in the league. 

throwing away points

A little overly negative are we?

I mean even the last place team in the league wins games.

And no team wins every game, the Habs have just won 4 in a row and are playing back to back with travel against a team that hasn't played since Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

A little overly negative are we?

I mean even the last place team in the league wins games.

And no team wins every game, the Habs have just won 4 in a row and are playing back to back with travel against a team that hasn't played since Wednesday.

Yep, they look lethargic and tired.

They have played a lot of hockey. Knowing this team they come out and tie it in the third and hopefully get a point.

Tampa is the best team in the league so far this season, and by a lot. 

They also lost 7-1 to the Arizona Coyotes this season. 

They also have a loss to the Senators this season. 

No team goes undefeated against even "bottom feeders"

Its a long season and shit happens.... the NHL is about being consistent over 82 games, not how you perform on one night. 

25 minutes ago, Chris said:

you should expect points against bottom feeders

or at least score 

Flyers are a good team. They just never had a good goaltender to complement them. Now I think they finally do in Mr.Hart. So we're coming into this game after playing the night before, for what its worth i think we been playing a good game  for a team whos played the night before. Hart just made big saves to keep his team in it. Something you're not use to seeing with flyers goaltending.

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

New plan: whenever we are about to be awarded a powerplay, somebody needs to slash the nearest opposing player to make it an offsetting call instead.

I'm not even kidding.

Seriously.

Sad.

Habs also suck 4 v 4, so they are actually better off having 2 players slash someone immediately and trying to score 3 v 4.

4 hours ago, Metallica said:

Flyers are a good team. They just never had a good goaltender to complement them. Now I think they finally do in Mr.Hart. So we're coming into this game after playing the night before, for what its worth i think we been playing a good game  for a team whos played the night before. Hart just made big saves to keep his team in it. Something you're not use to seeing with flyers goaltending.

Well, exactly. Habs came out strong, got stymied by a Price-like goalie performance, and gradually lost speed as fatigue from 4 games in 6 nights. Pretty simple game story, and a fairly predictable one the longer the game went on.

25 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, exactly. Habs came out strong, got stymied by a Price-like goalie performance, and gradually lost speed as fatigue from 4 games in 6 nights. Pretty simple game story, and a fairly predictable one the longer the game went on.

Not just 4 in 6

8 games in 13 nights including the third of three back to backs all including travel.  This was the end of the habs absolute worst stretch of the season in terms of games played in a short period and the flyers were off since wednesday.

When the habs were going well early and couldnt score on hart... fading in the last 25 minutes of the game was a given.

Now a bit of a rest to wednesday and then a long break after that.

The Habs should have won, they were the better team for the first half of the game. They just didn't have the jump they usually have shown this season.

Kulak pinched in and MTL  got a goal, where Reilly pinched and PHI got a goal... it was a night like that.

I liked Hudon's game, for someone who has not played in a long time he was fine. I hope he plays on Wednesday again.

Domi tied for 41st in scoring. Is good to have at least 1 in top 50.

Petry 12th in d-scoring.

Habs tied for 9th in league.

Solidly in 31st on the PP

But up to 16th on the PK

Just need 2 more wins to tie last years total.

20 minutes ago, DON said:

Domi tied for 41st in scoring. Is good to have at least 1 in top 50.

Petry 12th in d-scoring.

Habs tied for 9th in league.

Solidly in 31st on the PP

But up to 16th on the PK

Just need 2 more wins to tie last years total.

Domi had a hell of a game. Nice to seem him shaking off his mid-season slump.

Still, that our top FW is 41st in scoring illustrates how this team just does not have the top-tier talent to truly contend. We will need guys like K-man and Suzuki to evolve into more than top-50 producers in order to escape the purgatory of being, as Larry David says, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, prettyyyyyyyyyy good...not great. It doesn't help our medium term prognosis that the three key cogs on the back end (Price, Petry, and Weber) are all on the back 9, but that's a problem for another day I suppose.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Still, that our top FW is 41st in scoring illustrates how this team just does not have the top-tier talent to truly contend. We will need guys like K-man and Suzuki to evolve into more than top-50 producers in order to escape the purgatory of being, as Larry David says, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, prettyyyyyyyyyy good...not great. It doesn't help our medium term prognosis that the three key cogs on the back end (Price, Petry, and Weber) are all on the back 9, but that's a problem for another day I suppose.

Lucic and Krejci both had 62 points, good for a tie for 39th in the league the year the Bruins won the cup. On the back end the " key cogs on their back 9" included: Chara - 33 years old and Tim Thomas - 36 years old and winner of the Conn Smythe. I can't recall who the coach was of that team but I'm sure he was pretty good and relevant to my point. 

In 09-10 playoffs, Plekanec was tied for 26th in reg season scoring, Habs got to 3rd round

in 13-14 playoffs, Pacioretty was 44th in reg season scoring and got to 3rd round.