GDT: Columbus @ Montreal: 7:30 PM

Commandant

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Why did Lehkonen pass?

He had two chances late in the period and each time passed the puck.  It's one thing to be unselfish, but it was not a slam dunk clear path to the empty net. I'm saying that was a dumb play and I really question his hockey sense when it comes to offence.  To me, he's only going to be a really good 4th line player, or he'll be traded out of Montreal.

11 minutes ago, habscout said:

He had two chances late in the period and each time passed the puck.  It's one thing to be unselfish, but it was not a slam dunk clear path to the empty net. I'm saying that was a dumb play and I really question his hockey sense when it comes to offence.  To me, he's only going to be a really good 4th line player, or he'll be traded out of Montreal.

I think he's a third line player, but i agree his offence won't be high end

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

How did he score 18 goals in his rookie year? 

True, and when he did his shooting percentage that season was 11.4%; very respectable.

Last season, it was 7.3%

This season so far, it's 5.6%.  That's a disturbing trend, even for a player who is mostly a 3rd line player.

7 hours ago, habscout said:

True, and when he did his shooting percentage that season was 11.4%; very respectable.

Last season, it was 7.3%

This season so far, it's 5.6%.  That's a disturbing trend, even for a player who is mostly a 3rd line player.

I wouldnt call it a trend. Shooting percentage doesnt typically work that way.  Its usually something that is highly variable and then reverts to the mean.

Its likely his rookie season shooting percentage is inflated, and that this season is a too low, and that his true shooting talent is around 8-10% like most NHL forwards.  It wouldnt surprise any analyst to see it back in that range next year rather than following a "trend" and continuing to fall.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I wouldnt call it a trend. Shooting percentage doesnt typically work that way.  Its usually something that is highly variable and then reverts to the mean.

Its likely his rookie season shooting percentage is inflated, and that this season is a too low, and that his true shooting talent is around 8-10% like most NHL forwards.  It wouldnt surprise any analyst to see it back in that range next year rather than following a "trend" and continuing to fall.

Let's hope, but I would not mind flipping him in a package for LD help

A couple years ago everyone was lauding his shot as one of his best assets and one of the best on the team.  I'm thinking it can't be as bad as it's seemed this year and eventually he'll get back to the 15-20 goals of his rookie year.  

20 hours ago, Neech said:

A couple years ago everyone was lauding his shot as one of his best assets and one of the best on the team.  I'm thinking it can't be as bad as it's seemed this year and eventually he'll get back to the 15-20 goals of his rookie year.  

His shot is hard, and his release is quick. 

I question his accuracy.  He puts a lot into the goalie's chest, or misses the net. 

On 19/02/2019 at 3:52 PM, Commandant said:

Panarin - Dubois - Atkinson

Foligno - Jenner - Anderson

Robinson - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand

Nash - Dubinsky - Sedlak

Jones - Murray

Werenski - Savard

Harrington - Nuttivaara

Bobrovsky

@

Tatar - Danault*** - Gallagher

Drouin - Domi - Armia

Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Shaw

Hudon - Peca - Byron

Mete - Weber

Reilly - Petry
Kulak - Benn

Price

**** Danault missed practice to be with his wife who is expecting a child. If he does not play, Thompson could take his spot.

Last time these teams met

His wife would drop him just for not playing one game!!? Harsh.