Pens vs Habs 7:00pm

Habopotamus

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A goal by Domi there would really have helped.

It's just gonna get harder from here given a tired team...

Pitt should be tired too from there overtime loss to the Sabres last night.

Price looks off and not sharp and commandant is completely right, either use Niemi or get a better back up.

13 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Meanwhile, Cherry is unusually incoherent even by his standards. Can't even complete a sentence. It's like listening to a drunk bum gargling in the gutter.

I love him. Totally entertaining. 

17 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I love him. Totally entertaining. 

I keep trying to imagine another country or sport that would have him on TV. He's like a pet rotweiler.

First: That was the worst pinch I've ever seen a forward covering a defenseman do. Domi should be embarrassed. 

Second: Drouin getting a prime shot opportunity in the slot and passing off to Weber is just going to make the powerplay worse. If the other team knows you're going to pass EVERY. SINGLE. ####ING. TIME. then you're useless as an extra man.

17 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Petry can be solid, but he's just not a smart player. 

He alternates stretches playing like a 1st pair guy with stretches where he plays like a 3rd pair guy.

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I never count out the Penguins because at I fear at any point Crosby will just decide he wants his team back in a playoff spot and will singlehandedly make it so.

But it's Carey Price playing on Saturday night, so...

Crosby on the ice for all 5 Penguin goals tonight...

Good news is that at this point in the season there are no moral victories... whether you lose 2-1 or 5-1, it doesn't matter.

A loss against PIT is disappointing but not unexpected. And it's not a 4 pt game to me as they're not one of the teams I'm hoping the Habs can beat out to make the playoffs.

CBJ lost, and they are the team I'm focused on beating out to make the playoffs. Adding that many big pieces at the deadline it takes a while to gel, you have 2 stars publicly wanting out at season's end, and a coach that has a history of not getting along with players.. has all the makings of flaming out IMO. Tough schedule as well.

If not, I'd look to CAR as their schedule is brutal.. almost lost a point tonight, but pulled it out in OT. They're at 5W in a row, once that good run finally ends they're due a cold spell.

5 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Hopefully the west coast swing is a little more fruitful.

Dont count on it, Habs rarely (never?) win in San Jose and never do in Anaheim. So gotta hope they can just beat Kings and get 2 pts.

12 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Ya cuz they've historically done great in California. 

7 hours ago, DON said:

Dont count on it, Habs rarely (never?) win in San Jose and never do in Anaheim. So gotta hope they can just beat Kings and get 2 pts.

The California teams are pretty weak right now except San Jose. If there ever was a time to turn their fortunes around out west, this is it.

Things are going to be very tight and all I’m hoping for is to watch a bit more hockey in April.