Habs vs Blackhawks

Neech

14 minutes ago, habscout said:

Yeah well skating is not everything, unless you have hockey sense too, which IMO Debrincat has in spades. That's another short-sightedness the Habs have had with *many* of their past draft selections under Timmins, although the last couple of drafts they have improved in that area.

I don't know that much has changed in the last couple of drafts either

The Habs are still picking the players with the same traits they often look for like Brook, Romanov, Ylonen, etc

As for Debrincat a lot of teams made the mistake of missing him due to his size, that was why he fell to 39th over, I wouldn't assume the Habs would have taken him at that spot. 

Its a common thing to miss on this profile of player, look at Brayden Point who was a third round pick.

10 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Since the playoffs are now out of the question, can Julien sit Drouin for a game or two? He's gone pointsless in 14 of the last 15 games. 

They are bleak

3 (possibly) 4 points down is not "out of the question"

10 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Since the playoffs are now out of the question, can Julien sit Drouin for a game or two? He's gone pointsless in 14 of the last 15 games. 

He deserves to be in the pressbox eating hot dogs, but I don't think they want him there for fear that he'll keep blindly passing them off to someone else that isn't actually there.  Mustard isn't easy to get off of carpets...

• Upvote 1

Danault hasn't scored in 19 i think i heard the hawks broadcaster say. 

last 10 games, 7 goals scored minus (2 empty netters) 

It took 60 games, but the habs finally are playing like i thought they would 

With this loss, the Habs fall lower outside the the last wild card spot, 3 points away from the CBJ's, who got 1 point in an OT loss.  

Thompson and Weale were also terrible.  And I mean terrible.  Bring back Hudon and Peca.

Sorry, I'm frustrated as hell.  Habs deserved a better outcome.  Problem is there are too many floaters.  As good as the Habs were at time tonight, they were terrible at other times.  Drouin really stood out for bad play tonight.  Shaw and Lehkonen just had bad luck as they both worked hard.  KK got hurt.  Danault looked good.  Domi and Gallagher were, well Domi and Gallagher. 

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They are bleak

3 (possibly) 4 points down is not "out of the question"

And they still have a game against Columbus.  They get that one, they're back within one (technically two since CBJ has the tiebreak).  As frustrating as their lack of scoring is at the moment, they're still in the race for now.

12 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Thompson and Weale were also terrible.  And I mean terrible.  Bring back Hudon and Peca.

Sorry, I'm frustrated as hell.  Habs deserved a better outcome.  Problem is there are too many floaters.  As good as the Habs were at time tonight, they were terrible at other times.  Drouin really stood out for bad play tonight.  Shaw and Lehkonen just had bad luck as they both worked hard.  KK got hurt.  Danault looked good.  Domi and Gallagher were, well Domi and Gallagher. 

I somewhat agree; however I saw a few good shifts by Weal tonight.  

You used the wrong word with "deserve".  They outshot Chicago 2 to 1, but the Blackhawks had some key scoring chances, and obviously capitalized.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

So.... about that bus.....

Fire it up, and fix a rope to the tow hitch!  We have solid proof that character means dickall without goalscoring ability, and the lack thereof in this lineup is squarely on MB's shoulders.

• Upvote 1

It's the definition of insanity. 

Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

J Martin, MT (2), CJ (2) all coach a hard grinding style trying to win 2 to 1 It hasn't worked in decades

Maybe trying something different 

Unfortunately, with the habs brass, scouting and coaching under long term deals, get used to it

I would clean house on everyone and try some new, including the entire drafting team, but thats just me

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Fire it up, and fix a rope to the tow hitch!  We have solid proof that character means dickall without goalscoring ability, and the lack thereof in this lineup is squarely on MB's shoulders.

I'll see if rope's still on sale at Home Hardware.... 

Here are some depressing stats.   

The Habs have scored only 16 goals in the 8 games they have played so far in March. 

They have allowed 26 goals against during that span. 

Their record is 3 wins and 5 losses. 

Edited by habscout
typo

I get that everyone is down, but the fact is the Habs came to play tonight. They just ran into Crawford playing a phenomenal game.

That said, I agree that putting Galchenyuk - oops, I mean Kostitsyn - oops, I mean Drouin out there at the end was indeed stupid. But that's not why they lost. Crawford is. 

People may jump down my throat, but I think the sub-par play of Weber has been a significant contributor to the Habs' mediocrity lately. They count on him to eat huge minutes error-free. A dip in his performance ramifies for everyone. Personally I believe this stretch marks the first visible indicator of his inevitable decline. He'll bounce back, probably, but what we're seeing is the emergence of a Weber who us either more prone to injury than before, or else who needs his minutes managed. Oh well.

• Upvote 1