Who do the Habs take in the 2019 draft?

Meller93

I think that if we were to move the 15th overall, we should be using it to acquire Ghost out of Philly. 

I think that picking twice within minutes of eachother would be too temping for Philly to pass up.. plus we could also add Shaw to free up cap space to sign a FA.

28 minutes ago, Davehab said:

I think that if we were to move the 15th overall, we should be using it to acquire Ghost out of Philly. 

I think that picking twice within minutes of eachother would be too temping for Philly to pass up.. plus we could also add Shaw to free up cap space to sign a FA.

Agreed, I like used by 15 for ghost

By the looks of Final rankings for most mock drafts . Ryan Suzuki ranked #14-20 or so.. 

What interests do we on this board and the Habs organization on picking him up at #15?

two brothers with the potential on both playing top 6, would sure add excitement for Habs fans for many games in the future.

just a thought 

I don't think you pick Ryan Suzuki just because his brother is with the Habs.  Sometimes brothers work out (Maurice and Henri Richard), sometimes they don't (Sergei and Andrei Kostitsyn).  

You only pick him if he is the best player available when their turns comes up. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I wouldn't take him at 15.  The second half of the season had him slip for me. 

Yes I’m under the understanding he’s falling slowly though-out the season from top 10. Commandant with your humble opinion and expertise on drafting. ( which I respect firmly) where do you have him at? 

16 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Yes I’m under the understanding he’s falling slowly though-out the season from top 10. Commandant with your humble opinion and expertise on drafting. ( which I respect firmly) where do you have him at? 

He's at 22 for me

Full rankings here. 

In terms of tiers, I find a big drop between my #16 and 17 ranked prospects. 

https://lastwordonhockey.com/2019-nhl-entry-draft-headquarters/

2 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

By the looks of Final rankings for most mock drafts . Ryan Suzuki ranked #14-20 or so.. 

What interests do we on this board and the Habs organization on picking him up at #15?

two brothers with the potential on both playing top 6, would sure add excitement for Habs fans for many games in the future.

just a thought 

This should generate debate - 

are the Habs finally set at the centre position? I think we’re sitting pretty. 

Bring on the top 6 forwards and puck moving D.

34 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

All else being equal, yes I’d rather a LHD first, and a scoring winger second

5 hours ago, Davehab said:

Sure, just will be 15 teams tossing offers at Philly, so will cost alot to win that auction.

3 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

just a thought 

little to none at 15.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I wouldn't take him at 15.  The second half of the season had him slip for me. 

(Although HabsWorld MockDraft has him going at 14 to Arizona)

19 minutes ago, DON said:

(Although HabsWorld MockDraft has him going at 14 to Arizona)

I have him at 18 to Dallas in my own mock.

Since we're inside two hours to the start, should we just keep using this thread or actually start a new one to discuss anything that happens in the draft?

24 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I have him at 18 to Dallas in my own mock.

Since we're inside two hours to the start, should we just keep using this thread or actually start a new one to discuss anything that happens in the draft?

Just dumb question and curious, you would pefer to not post your mock picks?

I cant see why this thread cant suffice, but i am not fussy one way or other.

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

if you want forwards, you should never shy away from drafting another centre.   Centres can always move to wing and that is likely where Nick Suzuki is going to end up IMO. 

28 minutes ago, DON said:

Just dumb question and curious, you would pefer to not post your mock picks?

I cant see why this thread cant suffice, but i am not fussy one way or other.

I'm in the middle of finalizing my mock picks since the one I did last week I'm not a big fan of now.  It'll be one of the entries in the Draft Pool and those selections will be visible there.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Sure, just will be 15 teams tossing offers at Philly, so will cost alot to win that auction.

Most teams seem to be looking for RHD at the moment. But I agree that there would be no bargains to be had for Gostisbehere.

31 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm in the middle of finalizing my mock picks since the one I did last week I'm not a big fan of now.  It'll be one of the entries in the Draft Pool and those selections will be visible there.

Ahh, i didnt know could see them all under Draft Pool.

13 minutes ago, DON said:

Ahh, i didnt know could see them all under Draft Pool.

I just put them there about 5 minutes ago.  The ballot is in there until it's closed, then I put the spreadsheet with the entries in.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I'm a stickler, so it feels a bit weird to talk about other teams' picks and trades in a thread originally about who the Habs will be taking.

But I expect I'll get over it.

Or I won't, but it won't matter.

The stakes are pretty low...

• Upvote 1