Mike Reilly Two year ($1.5m AAV)

DON

45 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Could be because of Seattle expansion draft. He could be one to expose.

His contract ends with him as a UFA before the expansion draft in 2021. This does nothing for the Habs there.

I enjoyed watching him play when he was hot, then he became a liability as he wore down last year. I hope he is à late bloomer like Petry ( I know Petry is way better, I am just saying that I hope he becomes a steady 3rd pairing D later in his career like Petry did)

Edited by alfredoh2009
Added clarification before...

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

His contract ends with him as a UFA before the expansion draft in 2021. This does nothing for the Habs there.

The "we are doing this to expose someone in the expansion draft" narratives need to end. 

The rules are about how many people you have to protect... not the other way around.  There is no signing players to expose in the latest expansion like there was in the 90s and early 2000s (exception on goalies though). 

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Not a fan of this deal. He finished the season as a healthy scratch and there are better options in free agency for a similar price. A 1 year deal would have been fine. 

YA, dont get this. He makes 1 good play, then soft little puck up boards for easy turn over...he is simply scary in own end.