Free Agent Frenzy

dlbalr

18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That’s it, MB...start slow then BAM!  Aho, Lee, and Gardiner all announced at once!!

Right ... let's go, Bergevin!

30 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That’s it, MB...start slow then BAM!  Aho, Lee, and Gardiner all announced at once!!

Could you imagine he got them under the cap obviously we'd have to find takers for 

Peca

Thompson

Weise*

Alzner*

Mason*

Hudon rfa

At the very least

51 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

I'm sorry, but I don't have faith in Bergevin to pull trigger 

It's not that I don't have faith in Bergevin to pull the trigger,  it's that he is always battling against lower tax jurisdictions which makes it more difficult for him. He will likely have to overpay to get someone which I am not crazy about.  That's why I love the deals for the draft picks, way cheaper to develop your own.  I expect the Islanders to make a big pitch to keep Anders Lee since they didn't get anyone else. He won't be cheap.

18 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It's not that I don't have faith in Bergevin to pull the trigger,  it's that he is always battling against lower tax jurisdictions which makes it more difficult for him. He will likely have to overpay to get someone which I am not crazy about.  That's why I love the deals for the draft picks, way cheaper to develop your own.  I expect the Islanders to make a big pitch to keep Anders Lee since they didn't get anyone else. He won't be cheap.

Panarin signed in New York. So I don't want to hear the whole tax thing, everytime Bergevin does nothing 

15 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

Panarin signed in New York. So I don't want to hear the whole tax thing, everytime Bergevin does nothing 

It’s a factor, but far from the only one, and should not be used as an excuse.

• Upvote 1

Bread going to NYR hurts Montreal.. now the Isle circle back to Lee and makes it tougher..

Hoping for a trade or sheet because today has been a bad day for Montreal so far..

21 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Bread going to NYR hurts Montreal.. now the Isle circle back to Lee and makes it tougher..

Hoping for a trade or sheet because today has been a bad day for Montreal so far..

Not sure I agree. MTL is doing just great without Jul 1.

Biggest enemy on Jul 1 is your own pocketbook and we’ve avoided the garden path so far and added a solid backup 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Not sure I agree. MTL is doing just great without Jul 1.

Biggest enemy on Jul 1 is your own pocketbook and we’ve avoided the garden path so far and added a solid backup 

Yep, missed the playoffs three of four years, we’re doing awesome 

The cap numbers of the deals so far don't seem particularly unreasonable.  Zuccarelo and Myers for instance not breaking the bank as much as I thought they might.  So hopefully Bergy's holding firm on not giving out a bad deal.