Hudon re ups with habs

Metallica

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

Not sure why he would considering he asked for a trade and wanted out. Guess its a one year prove yourself kind of deal.

its a pay check for now and gives MB a little more time to trade/put in value and who knows if he shows up to take away a job like he did 2years ago, i like Hudon, good on him :)

36 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

1 year, 1 way, 800K

Which way is that, South or West? Hopefully 1st move in a sign and trade, for his sake at least.:wacko:

What team might be looking for a slowish 25 year old LW who had a productive rookie year, but then only played 32 gms with 5pts last year.

23 minutes ago, DON said:

Which way is that, South or West? Hopefully 1st move in a sign and trade, for his sake at least.:wacko:

What team might be looking for a slowish 25 year old LW who had a productive rookie year, but then only played 32 gms with 5pts last year.

Edmonton needs cheap wingers...

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

Not sure why he would considering he asked for a trade and wanted out. Guess its a one year prove yourself kind of deal.

This does nothing to stop the team from trading him. 

It also makes him a cheap NHL option if he doesn't make the roster and goes on waivers.  Some team might grab him at that point. Especially since its one year. 

31 minutes ago, Commandant said:

It also makes him a cheap NHL option if he doesn't make the roster and goes on waivers.  Some team might grab him at that point. Especially since its one year. 

Yup, I'm sure he'll be dealt 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

If anything, having him signed at an ELC-like $800K makes him more attractive to another team than having an unsigned RFA.

My guess is his agent confirmed that there he didn't attract any interest on the trade front, so he decided to make the best of a bad hand and try to build up his c.v. a bit. Good luck to him, because I don't see much of an NHL future in his cards.

My bet is that he's sent to Laval when every team is reassigning their players, and that he clears waivers.

I’m still holding out hope that Bergevin will be able to turn him into a 5th round pick 

18 minutes ago, PMAC said:

I’m still holding out hope that Bergevin will be able to turn him into a 5th round pick 

If he could of got a 5th for him i think he would of been traded by now.

8 hours ago, Metallica said:

He filed for arbitration so he was forcing a contract one way or the other.  They still had a couple of weeks before the hearing but he was getting a contract one way or the other.  It actually came in a bit lower than I expected.