2019 Training Camp

Trizzak

http://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/309033752/binary-file/file.pdf

57 players are attending training camp, and 12 players were already released from rookie camp. 6 of those players were Habs prospects returned to their respective junior teams (Harvey-Pinard, Fonstad, Hillis, Houde, LeGuerrier, and McShane), and the other 6 were tryouts.

I know the rookie camp covers most of what they need to know about the junior level prospects, but I'd still be a fan of those guys getting a couple practices in with Julien and NHL vets before being sent back to their junior teams. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, dlbalr said:

One of the things that came out from today's media day is that Kotkaniemi is almost up to 200 lbs which should make it a bit easier for him to deal with some of the physicality which was an issue at times last year.

It's crazy that Suzuki is also 200. I dont picture him as 200 pounds. 

23 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Lindgren. Primeau should be the starter with Laval and Mcniven as the #2. 

His very limited trade value might go up a bit if (when) he clears waivers but most teams have their AHL starter in place already.  This could possibly be a Jordan Binnington situation.  (No, not the one where he comes up midseason and leads the team to the Stanley Cup but the one from the year before when he ultimately had to wait for someone in another organization to get hurt and then transfer on an AHL one-year loan to get playing time.)

Some random game thoughts:

- Chiarot's lack of speed is certainly noticeable on a team that plays quickly.

- Leskinen came as advertised - good instincts offensively, not comfortable in his own end (he blindly threw the puck a couple of times just to get rid of it).

- Sklenicka had a solid game at both ends.

- Suzuki was quiet for a while but probably wound up with what, half a dozen shots?

- Hudon certainly looks quicker out there - that won't hurt his chances.

52 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Some random game thoughts:

- Chiarot's lack of speed is certainly noticeable on a team that plays quickly.

- Leskinen came as advertised - good instincts offensively, not comfortable in his own end (he blindly threw the puck a couple of times just to get rid of it).

- Sklenicka had a solid game at both ends.

- Suzuki was quiet for a while but probably wound up with what, half a dozen shots?

- Hudon certainly looks quicker out there - that won't hurt his chances.

Right away I noticed Chiarot. He's seriously slow. 

I think Hudon lost a bunch of weight 

21 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Right away I noticed Chiarot. He's seriously slow. 

I think Hudon lost a bunch of weight 

Hmmm. Should we be worried about Chiarot? Or is this premature? LD is not exactly an area of strength to begin with.

18 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

I have never really seen him play, so he might be fine... 

Also vets generally coast during training camp. The guy's been a regular for five years, albeit in a different market, so he probably isn't interested in giving it his all at this juncture. So, I'd rate it as a file to watch, but not one to get overly fretful about just yet.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

I think he was only invited cause they cant release an injured player.  As soon as he was healthy they let him go.

He was never marked as injured though, even on the original invite list.  He was on Team C a couple days ago at practice.

Lehkonen - Domi - Drouin

Tatar -  Danault- Gallagher 

Suzuki  - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak- Fleury

Price
Kinkaid

I know it’s early for this boys (lol), but getting excited already. This is how I see the lineup on opening day. Suzuki hasn’t turned any heads yet but I honestly think he’s pacing himself for the whole preseason and will force a spot on opening night .

go Habs go