Danis to start year with Habs

Habs77

What are the chances of Danis rising to the occasion and showing he's better than Theo... :o .... I mean, now that hockey is back, all we're missing is a goalie controversy.... :P

Nah, should be good experience for Danis though. Bad luck for Huet though... i was lookin forward to seeing him play, rumor has it that he's not too bad?

Based on what the injury is, a partially torn ACL, I would say that a return in December may even be a stretch. I am currently recovering from a fully torn ACL. The surgery was in mid-January, and I'm not scheduled to take a physical and get signed off on until late August, a period of just over 7 months. Given that it's a partial tear, the recovery time is shortened, but only slightly.

The way I see it, the only way Danis isn't in Montreal to start the season is if someone trades for Huet and his cheap contract to go under the cap, and sends us a higher-salaried goalie in return. And given that Huet's knees will never be 100% again, I don't see that happening.

Good grief! Give the kid a break! He's only a year out of college hockey.

Sure, he did well in the AHL and that bodes well for the future but, still, he's just beginning.

It will be a good experience for him. It could make or break him. I think back to others who were brought in awfully quickly and, when it showed that they weren't really ready for it, it broke them.

I trust that Gainey et al. will deal with him wisely and nurture him to become what he can become.

Huet is supposed to be a super backup goalie - he's supposed to be the one who kept LA in the running for a playoff position in the last regular season. Gainey's no fool and I'm certain that that was very present in his mind when he made the deal. Huet will be back and he'll do ok.

Danis is likely at the very least the backup goalie for the next while for the Canadiens and, maybe, he has a good shot at being their #1 goalie someday. We'll see.

Till then, take it easy on the kid and let him grow into what he can be.

Originally posted by shortcat1

Danis is likely at the very least the backup goalie for the next while for the Canadiens and, maybe, he has a good shot at being their #1 goalie someday. We'll see.

I hope he get his chance on the NHL and that the Habs won't go after an UFA goalie. Can't wait to see how Danis will perform with the Habs.