Sept. 23, Toronto vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

It's the Drive For Five...straight preseason wins as the Habs host Toronto to kick off their seemingly annual home-and-home exhibition set.

New-Jersey.jpg

Petan - Shore - Agostino
Korshkov - Gaudet - Read
Archibald - Brooks - Bracco
Engvall - Elynuik - Aberg

Harpur - Holl
Rubins - Liljegren
Gravel - Schmaltz

Hutchinson

Woll

Montreal.jpg

Tatar - Domi - Drouin 
Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Armia

Cousins - Thompson - Belzile
Peca - Evans - Barber

Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Brook
Alzner - Fleury

Lindgren
Kinkaid

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM on TSN2 and RDS for the Montreal viewing region and TSN4 for the Toronto viewing region.

At training this morning in Brossard

Tatar - Domi - Drouin 
Hudon - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Peca - Evans - Barber
Cousins - Thompson - Belzile

Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Brook
Alzner - Fleury

Price
Kinkaid

1 hour ago, Easy Ryder said:

Hudon had every chance in this camp. I hope it's the last chance he has. Cousins has a better camp he should have that chance.

Cousins is likely to make the team, and actually be part of the lineup on the fourth line. 

If Hudon makes the team (and its a big if), its merely to be in the pressbox while they try to trade him.  I don't think he's getting a regular spot in the lineup (unless things change drastically in the next 3 games). 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Cousins is likely to make the team, and actually be part of the lineup on the fourth line. 

If Hudon makes the team (and its a big if), its merely to be in the pressbox while they try to trade him.  I don't think he's getting a regular spot in the lineup (unless things change drastically in the next 3 games). 

I always saw Hudon as a "tweener," but I also remember hearing that the organization was high on him two years ago. Dunno if he has regressed, or if the Habs have improved their FW depth to the point of crowding him out - or if he was just a Therrien project.

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I always saw Hudon as a "tweener," but I also remember hearing that the organization was high on him two years ago. Dunno if he has regressed, or if the Habs have improved their FW depth to the point of crowding him out - or if he was just a Therrien project.

I would say it's the better depth of the club. Hudon got the spot as a 13th player Andrighetto should have had. Being a "local" played a part.

If he cannot score more than Lehkonen at the minimum, he will lose his Bell Center seat and food 

15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would say it's the better depth of the club. Hudon got the spot as a 13th player Andrighetto should have had. Being a "local" played a part.

If he cannot score more than Lehkonen at the minimum, he will lose his Bell Center seat and food 

Andrighetto is out of the league now.  I'm not sure saying Hudon got a spot ahead of him for non-hockey reasons is true either. 

The guy scored some points on a colorado team that was the worst NHL club since the 2005 lost season.... he hasn't done much since then and as the Avs improved, he got pushed out of the league into the KHL. 

Thats where I see Hudon going today.  He needs to be traded to a team that needs some scoring on their second or third line cause they have no depth.... LA, Dallas, Edmonton, Ottawa, Anaheim, Minnesota, Arizona, are teams i see where he could have a shot at a spot. 

As I see the indignation from some of the Montreal media for the lineup Toronto is icing tonight, it's important to remember that this is planned well in advance.  Two years ago, the good players were in Toronto and the bad ones in Montreal for the home and home matchup.  Last year, the good ones were in Montreal and the bad ones in Toronto.  Guess what?  Next year, the good players will be in Montreal and it'll be the Habs sending their B team to Toronto.

Just now, Habber31 said:

This team needs to figure out their power play. Armia needs to be nowhere near it, when the season starts 

With preseason lineups, you aren't going to figure out the PP.   Thats for practice. 

Maybe in the last two pre-season games when something close to a full lineup is playing, they can figure out the PP.... but now there are too many pieces missing. 

That said, they did score 3 PP goals on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

With preseason lineups, you aren't going to figure out the PP.   Thats for practice. 

Maybe in the last two pre-season games when something close to a full lineup is playing, they can figure out the PP.... but now there are too many pieces missing. 

That said, they did score 3 PP goals on Saturday.

No, but that power play reminded me of last year. 

12 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

No, but that power play reminded me of last year. 

There is a good article in the athletic about what the Habs are trying to do with the PP this year, and how Danault and Weal will be a big part of it. 

https://theathletic.com/1233850/2019/09/23/why-the-canadiens-turned-to-phillip-danault-and-jordan-weal-to-fix-the-power-play/

With no Danault, no Weal, and no Weber in the lineup tonight... this isn't what the regular season PP is likely to look like. 

Lindgren has looked good so far in what may very well be amounting to a showcase for his potential next team.  If Toronto wants Hutchinson as their #3, they may be looking to waivers to find a backup and Lindgren having the extra year of team control may edge them in his direction.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Lindgren has looked good so far in what may very well be amounting to a showcase for his potential next team.  If Toronto wants Hutchinson as their #3, they may be looking to waivers to find a backup and Lindgren having the extra year of team control may edge them in his direction.

I would assume Lindgren is gone shortly...