2019-20 NHL Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Currently we are a bubble team, no more and no less. With today's players we may be able to play at a somewhat higher level and become a solid wildcard team. I can't see getting beyond that this year, unless there is a significant trade.

Are in exact place I guessed would end up in April, 5th in division, just outside wildcard spot. With same roster, cant see anything to change mind...yet.:popcorn:

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:31 PM, DON said:

habs play thurs/sat then not till next wed? (WTH, Trying to stretch season out some more?)

I'm quite happy about that actually.

It will give Habs the opportunity to arrive in Arizona in advance and get used to the 10pm game time for the trip, get back into their routine, etc.

6 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I'm quite happy about that actually.

It will give Habs the opportunity to arrive in Arizona in advance and get used to the 10pm game time for the trip, get back into their routine, etc.

I guess, if you are a fan of June hockey.

15 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I'd gladly watch hockey year round yeah.

Sicko...:youpi:

Habs now sit 6th in division and 20th in league, will the PK cause them to get blown out by Leafs tomorrow?

Well, seems if you stay a Habs fan Joe, not much reason to watch summer playoffs anytime in near future.😪

On 10/23/2019 at 5:33 PM, tomh009 said:

Currently we are a bubble team, no more and no less. With today's players we may be able to play at a somewhat higher level and become a solid wildcard team. I can't see getting beyond that this year, unless there is a significant trade.

Sorry to inform you but the last 4 years we've been a bubble team.

43 minutes ago, DON said:

Habs now sit 6th in division and 20th in league, will the PK cause them to get blown out by Leafs tomorrow?

The quickest fix to the PK woes is to stay out of the box.

Seems Kotkaniemi is starting to use his size more and Fleury is alot more physical than i had heard before.

Suzuki getting adequate icetime, seems to be doing fine; but should have more than 13 shots in 10gms, shouldnt he?

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Wonder who they're trying to clear the cap space for 🤔

They've been using LTIR all season long to be in cap compliance.  Once Bryan Rust and Evgeni Malkin are activated from there, they won't have a ton of wiggle room to work with.  They may be able to make a small addition at the deadline if they stay healthy but this was strictly to get under the cap with their players getting closer to returning.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

They've been using LTIR all season long to be in cap compliance.  Once Bryan Rust and Evgeni Malkin are activated from there, they won't have a ton of wiggle room to work with.  They may be able to make a small addition at the deadline if they stay healthy but this was strictly to get under the cap with their players getting closer to returning.

I never underestimate Pittsburgh they always seem to pull off a trade or two.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

maybe moving Letang is just what they need... i know a guy who knows a guy who knows a GM looking for a left dman...

16 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

maybe moving Letang is just what they need... i know a guy who knows a guy who knows a GM looking for a left dman...

If Letang was in fact a LHD, He would be heavily in the Habs rumor mill for quite some time now, and likely a great fit along side Weber.

2 hours ago, Link67 said:

If Letang was in fact a LHD, He would be heavily in the Habs rumor mill for quite some time now, and likely a great fit along side Weber.

No doubt, but he's 32. Since we'd be moving a major prospect in return, and since the d-man would be part of a team that's still not quite there, I'd want a LD with less mileage on the chassis.

• 2 weeks later...

Robby Fabbri traded from the Blues to Detroit for Jacob de La Rose.

A few years ago, I would have been happy with that return for de La Rose. Fabbri hasn’t been able to emulate his rookie season however due in large part to injuries.

I think de la Rose will do just fine on St. Louis though, relatively speaking. 

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Anyone followed Nic Petan's career since he joined the pros ?

I used to like him a lot on Team Canada 2015 and he's now on waivers...

No room on our roster for a guy who is not even as good as Charles Hudon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DON said:

Not got good feeling aout winning in Philly today, but we can hope they play well and Price has a much better game than the last one.:gohabsgo:

Maybe Gostisbehere will have a terrible game and we can pick him up cheaply? :1banana:

• dlbalr unpinned this topic