Oct. 3, Habs vs Hurricanes, 7 PM

dlbalr

The regular season gets underway on Thursday as the Habs head to Carolina to take on the Hurricanes.

Montreal.jpg

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Suzuki
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Fleury

Price
Kinkaid

New-Jersey.jpg

Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen

Niederreiter - Aho - McGinn

Dzingel - Haula - Martinook

Foegele - Wallmark - Necas

Slavin - Hamilton

Edmundson - Pesce

Fleury - Gardiner

Mrazek

Reimer

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM on TSN2 and RDS.  Regional restrictions apply.

Not a fan of our second line.  It really puts Domi in the hot seat, so to speak.  Obviously the hope is that the line has an unbelievable season.  Truth is though that there is a very good chance that Domi winds up seeing his numbers go way down on that line, as he is left out to dry.  Sure hope I am wrong.  Believe it or not, I would have been more comfortable with Drouin or even Byron on left wing instead of Lekhonen.

9 hours ago, Helmethead said:

Game day baby!!

Hope springs eternal.

Can't believe I've been on this site since 2005..

Ha haaa, yeah, I'm an '06 man. Followed in your footsteps. But I have a scary ridiculous number of posts 😒

My 'hope' has been severley constrained after living through multiple failed rebuilds under five different GMs, but hey! Always a kick to see a new season of les canadiens.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Ha haaa, yeah, I'm an '06 man. Followed in your footsteps. But I have a scary ridiculous number of posts 😒

hahaha  especially for someone who, I believe, was never involved in HWL sub-forums. (Eastside Hockey Manager game).

1 hour ago, titanfan said:

Not a fan of our second line.  It really puts Domi in the hot seat, so to speak.  Obviously the hope is that the line has an unbelievable season.  Truth is though that there is a very good chance that Domi winds up seeing his numbers go way down on that line, as he is left out to dry.  Sure hope I am wrong.  Believe it or not, I would have been more comfortable with Drouin or even Byron on left wing instead of Lekhonen.

Just wait till the 2nd period and lines likely be juggled if not working well.

Lehkonen is there for his defence, and his ability to grind in corners and get to front of the net.  He has shaws role.

Anyways tough two road games to.start the year and then buffalo.

I think carolina might win the metro this year.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yes ... I joined in 2006 as well, but did much lurking, so I only have one tenth of your post count!

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think carolina might win the metro this year.

I did picked them in my fantasy pool as my #2 team (we have to pick 2).

But I'm a bit concerned with Justin Williams' departure.  I thought he made a pretty impressive job of bringing this team together last season as his only one as Captain.

Aww man! Excited for the start of the season but still keeping my expectations in check.

Really looking forward to see how Kotkeniemi develops, if Domi can repeat last years production and to see how Suzuki does in the NHL.

:gohabsgo:

33 minutes ago, sim.on said:

Aww man! Excited for the start of the season but still keeping my expectations in check.

Really looking forward to see how Kotkeniemi develops, if Domi can repeat last years production and to see how Suzuki does in the NHL.

:gohabsgo:

This should be an exciting team to watch, especially with so many young players on the roster. Can't wait to see how Suzuki does in a real game, how much KK has developed since last year, if Domi can continue his pace, Drouin either dangling around everyone or making smarter plays, Gallagher tiring me out just by watching him, TATAAAAARRR, big Shea Weber clappers, Mete's gotta score his first goal sometime, Chiarot cross checks and of course Price highlight reel saves. Lots of story lines to follow this season. 

9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If your number of posts is scary ridiculous, what's mine?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

My 'hope' has been severley constrained after living through multiple failed rebuilds under five different GMs, but hey! Always a kick to see a new season of les canadiens.

lollll ima '06 man too but way less insightful words to share :D

6 hours ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Once our boy plays himself out of the doghouse on the 3rd 

2nd line 

Drouin - Domi - Suzuki 

which is a very good top 6 NHL line. 

I don't see Julien liking this as a line.   When the best defensive player on the line is a rookie, he's not gonna put it together.  

If Drouin plays well with Kotkaniemi, there is no issue with having three dangerous 5v5 lines.

• Like 1