Habs VS Sabres October. 9

Habber31

Some will be happy with that game...I'm not among them.  Taking multiple idiotic penalties in a game against a team that can only beat you with PP gifts is not acceptable.  Guys need to start getting benched for crap like that: Tatar shouldn't have played another shift after bonehead penalty #2.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Need to start sitting players for dumb lazy penalties 

Not 100% sure, but I think Tatar got knocked down the lineup in favour of Lehkonen in the 3rd. Not a full sitting, but definitely a message sent. 

Honestly, I am not hugely worried about the dumb penalties as I really believe that Julien can manage and improve that fairly easily. 

The generally poor defensive play is baffling as our defensive corps is more or less the same as last year.

But I’m feeling better about our PP tonight. Maybe there really is a plan — tgat can work.

Too many penalties again. Having said that, I was not impressed at all by Kinkaid. He should have stopped Eichel first goal. He is too slow to to move laterally. Doesn’t venture out of his goal. It doesn’t help a defensive corp used to work with Price. It’s just a first game and he might get better. I hope so anyway.

Kinkaid did make some good saves to hold down the fort in the third. We don’t need him to play as well as Price, what we need is a steady, reliable backup, what Niemi was in his first season. Kinkaid might yet give us that.

I'd have to say that was unlucky...

Another 2+1 goals against on the PP on 15 shots. We cant be so undisciplined and expect to win more then we lose. We also need to tighten up on the high danger chanced at the very minimum. 

With that said, you would have to say Hutton made just as many bigs stops as Kincaid if not more. We had tonnes of high danger chances (but the story of our lives continues to be lack of killer finish)

I thought KK awas a big bright spot and I can really see him flourishing this winter.

Suzuki struggling for a 2nd game in a row and dropped to the 4th? He looked slow tonight. Wasnt skating. Not good!