Sharks VS Habs 7:00

Habber31

34 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

So if a failed coach challenge results in a penalty, why couldn't that phantom call be challenged?

The league only wants the big penalties (major/double minor) to be challengeable.  A major can be challenged to rescind it to a minor while a double minor can be challenged if the penalized team believes that it was a 'friendly fire' situation.

Habs have allowed 4 goals in 6 of 10 games.

The PK has been horrendous, the defense has been awful, and the goaltending has been below average. 

What the hell happened to this team in its own zone over the summer? How do 90% of the same guys from last year forget how to defend?

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

How do 90% of the same guys from last year forget how to defend?

This is what baffles me, too. Maybe we didn't get a D upgrade, but we didn't get a downgrade, either. It shouldn't have dropped off the cliff like this.

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

This is what baffles me, too. Maybe we didn't get a D upgrade, but we didn't get a downgrade, either. It shouldn't have dropped off the cliff like this.

Don't forget the league now knows these guys too and can put game plans in place for them. Too me it was a weak D last year and a weak D this year. They get caught out of place to many times.

I did say that earlier -- stats don't win games. But they do tell you something about why you win or lose games.

We took a few foolish penalties, and our PK cost us on those. Couldn't score on PP. Dale played a great game, Price did not. We could not put the puck in the net on our (plentiful) scoring chances.

Chiarot got left in the dust by his man on that offside goal, then completely lost his man in front of the net on the third goal(?). He's too slow to play in the east. He was fine out west, because they play a heavy style out there. Not so much here  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

what a disappointing game. Canadiens are working hard but lack finishers to put games away.

And they are too passive on PK, not using speed

Seems too many goals on the PK are wide open tap ins. Need Benn back, Chiarot doesnt seem to be cutting it (another poor pro scouting example?)...when i had heard he was good on the PK in Winnipeg? Maybe need to work Fleury-Mete-Kulak in the PK and cut back on Chiarot's PK icetime.

I was at the game.  

I think its the PK system to be honest, I don't think its the players.  They are all trying to front the shot... to get a shot block in, and opening up too many passing lanes.  The amount of cross ice passes that are open is far too much.  They need to tighten up the box and not allow passes through it.  Let them shoot straight on, not passes and onetimers from the outside.  We have a 10 million dollar goalie, he should stop those.  When you give up the seam and its a back door play or a one timer with him coming across it makes it tougher. 

A different example, but Its like any coach teaching a defender on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2... take away the pass... let the goalie have the straight on shot where he's not moving laterally.

4 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Chiarot got left in the dust by his man on that offside goal, then completely lost his man in front of the net on the third goal(?). He's too slow to play in the east. He was fine out west, because they play a heavy style out there. Not so much here  

Agreed. I think he makes decisions too slow when the puck is on his stick.  Anyway he has been moved to 3rd pairing. I believe our problem is getting production out our first pairing. Something has to give.

5 hours ago, DON said:

Seems too many goals on the PK are wide open tap ins. Need Benn back, Chiarot doesnt seem to be cutting it (another poor pro scouting example?)...when i had heard he was good on the PK in Winnipeg? Maybe need to work Fleury-Mete-Kulak in the PK and cut back on Chiarot's PK icetime.

Chiarot and Benn are interchangeable IMHO. I do not think the PK is terrible because of Chiarot, it is more than that.

Seems to me the 4-some is just figure skating out there, no active stick, not pressing, just taking it on like a punch bag

1 hour ago, BlueKross said:

Agreed. I think he makes decisions too slow when the puck is on his stick.  Anyway he has been moved to 3rd pairing. I believe our problem is getting production out our first pairing. Something has to give.

You're definitely right. We need an upgrade in the top 4