Sharks VS Habs 7:00

Habber31

21 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Is that enough though? 

Well, yes and no, The PK was not as bad as this last season and the personnel on D were basically the same. On the other hand, upgrading personnel does tend to make everything easier. This club has had a glaring need at LD for over two years now, which, in classic MB fashion, has gone unaddressed. (And of course fans cheerled enthusiastically as he sat on his arse, but I digress). I'm pretty confident that adding a major upgrade at D would likely help the PK, as it would help other facets of our game. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, yes and no, The PK was not as bad as this last season and the personnel on D were basically the same. On the other hand, upgrading personnel does tend to make everything easier. This club has had a glaring need at LD for over two years now, which, in classic MB fashion, has gone unaddressed. (And of course fans cheerled enthusiastically as he sat on his arse, but I digress). I'm pretty confident that adding a major upgrade at D would likely help the PK, as it would help other facets of our game. 

Not for the PK, but Gostisbehere would be a solid trade candidate. 

I could also see the Habs going the entire season, with this current line up... 

I wonder if byron is hurt? His ability to cut off passes and bolt out for a short handed breakaway would be nice to have back.  It feels like the forwards are too tentative. Lateral passing is the problem. I think someone else mentioned it on here as well.

20 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I wonder if byron is hurt? His ability to cut off passes and bolt out for a short handed breakaway would be nice to have back.  It feels like the forwards are too tentative. Lateral passing is the problem. I think someone else mentioned it on here as well.

He may be hurt. But he's always been the kind of player who, if he loses even a half-step, becomes marginal. Don't be too surprised if he just falls off a cliff.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

He may be hurt. But he's always been the kind of player who, if he loses even a half-step, becomes marginal. Don't be too surprised if he just falls off a cliff.

He has done nothing this year. After the concussion, he has not been the same player. Not using his speed at all

7 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Really foolish extension to hand out to a 30-year-old.  I don't know if this precipitous decline will occur this year, but it definitely will at some point in the contract.

On 10/24/2019 at 6:59 PM, dlbalr said:

The league only wants the big penalties (major/double minor) to be challengeable.  A major can be challenged to rescind it to a minor while a double minor can be challenged if the penalized team believes that it was a 'friendly fire' situation.

Do you have a link to these rule changes?  I would like to read up on them.  Seems odd that double minors can be challenged but not a minor.  

In you example, if a double minor gets challenged and it was a “friendly fire” situation, does the entire penalty get negates or just the second minor?

Edit:  never mind, I stopped being lazy and found it myself.  Thanks for the info on the rule changes.