Oct. 31, Montreal vs Vegas, 10 PM

dlbalr

The Habs look to make it two straight wins to start the road trip as they're in Vegas.

Montreal.jpg

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Armia
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Byron
Cousins - Thompson - Suzuki

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Reilly - Fleury

Kinkaid

Vegas.jpg

Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Pacioretty - Stastny - Stone
Tuch - Eakin - Glass
Carrier - Nosek - Reaves

McNabb - Schmidt
Merrill - Theodore
Holden - Engelland

Fleury

Puck drop is at 10:00 PM on RDS, TSN2, and ATTSN-RM.

Lehkonen and Byron also kill penalties. They have to play somewhere... 

Byron will be fine in my opinion. Lehkonen is what he is. 

The team has scored 45 goals in 12 games. 

We can live with one of our four lines struggling and giving them the time to work their way through it and get it back on track.  There is no reason to panic on that line. 

This isn't a situation where the offence is struggling and we need to panic about the 19 year old C and his line. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We can live with one of our four lines struggling and giving them the time to work their way through it and get it back on track.  There is no reason to panic on that line. 

This isn't a situation where the offence is struggling and we need to panic about the 19 year old C and his line. 

Not that it would bring down the amount of goals scored THAT much, but we did face quite a few backup goalies to be honest.

46 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Nobody is panicking about it. It's been a fairly Xanaxed discussion on this forum about 3 struggling players.

Now then... which superstar can we get for Byron, Lehkonen and a 2nd?

• Upvote 2

That said, 

We've been lacking energy twice in back-to-back games earlier this season (Detroit and Minnesota). 

I'd bring in Weal and sit Byron. 
I'd bring in Folin and Kulak and sit Reilly and Fleury. 

Get some fresh legs in tonight. 

54 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That said, 

We've been lacking energy twice in back-to-back games earlier this season (Detroit and Minnesota). 

I do hope Julien lurks on this forum!

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Nobody is panicking about it. It's been a fairly Xanaxed discussion on this forum about 3 struggling players.

Now then... which superstar can we get for Byron, Lehkonen and a 2nd?

Taylor Hall? 

Jamie Benn?

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

That said, 

I agree with the fresh legs but I would not take out Fleury 

44 minutes ago, PMAC said:

I agree with the fresh legs but I would not take out Fleury 

He had a rough night last night, and you aren't taking out Weber or Petry for Folin.... He's the only logical person to come out for Folin to come in .

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Kotkaniemi is day-to-day with a mild groin issue so Weal's in.  Suzuki moves up to the 3C role.

Sucks to hear that about KK but it could explain his poor play recently.

This is a good opportunity for Suzuki, he has shown in the past he thrives in the centre role.

It always feels like Vegas is going to be a tough barn to play in... it’s up there with San Jose in my books in terms of difficulty, we just don’t have that long history of being able to play there. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be “one of those games”. I’m planning on staying up for the entire thing, so here’s to hoping for an entertaining game that turns into a W. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

He had a rough night last night, and you aren't taking out Weber or Petry for Folin.... He's the only logical person to come out for Folin to come in .

I actually thought that Fleury had a decent game last night and even if we disagree about that he is still a much stronger option than Folin.

13 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It always feels like Vegas is going to be a tough barn to play in... it’s up there with San Jose in my books in terms of difficulty, we just don’t have that long history of being able to play there. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be “one of those games”. I’m planning on staying up for the entire thing, so here’s to hoping for an entertaining game that turns into a W. 

we dont have that long history because we’ve only played them 4 times in their history... and we’ve beat them 3 times

54 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Sucks to hear that about KK but it could explain his poor play recently.

This is a good opportunity for Suzuki, he has shown in the past he thrives in the centre role.

Can he energize Lehkonen and Byron?

28 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

we dont have that long history because we’ve only played them 4 times in their history... and we’ve beat them 3 times

Yeah that’s what I said. We’ve only been able to play there twice. We’re 2-0 at home, 1-1 on the road against them after an overtime win last year. It’s still one of the toughest barns to visit in my opinion. Up there with the Shark Tank. 

Great start by the Habs. 1-0 a couple of minutes in. Let’s keep it up. 

41 minutes ago, PMAC said:

I actually thought that Fleury had a decent game last night and even if we disagree about that he is still a much stronger option than Folin.

In most circumstances, sure.  But I think in back-to-backs you rotate your lineup.   Play the rested players. 

Mete is having trouble against a heavy forecheck. He’s giving a good effort but turning the puck over too frequently.