Jason Ward

steelcity

Originally posted by Guy!

I'll never understand the love-in for Ward.  I mean seriously, the guy couldn't skate.  Yes, he was grit, lovely.  But grit is only good if you can keep up with the play and use it.

I agree, there's a far cry from the AHL to the NHl and he is an example of a player that is close but not good enough.

I'm happy to see him go.

habsfan19

http://www.habsblog.com/

I think the Rangers are a good fit for him. He might get some good playing time there if someone goes down with an injury etc...

Looking forward to see if he can rise to the occasion.

Good luck Jason!

Originally posted by Macaskill

I think the Rangers are a good fit for him. He might get some good playing time there if someone goes down with an injury etc...

Looking forward to see if he can rise to the occasion.

Good luck Jason!

I agree with you. I hope he does well.

I liked Ward, but speaking of Kilger if BG had qualifyied everyone like John Ferguson did he would have had no cap room for Kovalev and his unrestricted free agents.

By getting rid of Brisbois and Ward BG left himself room to manuver.

personally i think that gainey should have bought out Craig Rivet AND Radek Bonk.

At best Rivet is a 5th/6th defencemen - although a great team player/leader who plays with a lot of heart and obviously likes playing in Montreal.

Bonk is making way too much more money for a 3rd line centre.

Getting rid of them would have cleared up around $5M of salary which could have been used to lure a true number one centre OR a #1 defenseman that montreal so badly needs (Sourey has had one good year, but I would not call him a #1 defenseman yet)