Nov. 5, Boston vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

tomh009

Finally a call that’s borderline in our favour. 

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

Price sucks, and the team cannot maintain intensity for the duration of a game.  Bad combination.

I wouldn't say he sucks ... but as an elite goalie, I would have expected him to save two or three of the Boston goals.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

I wouldn't say he sucks ... but as an elite goalie, I would have expected him to save two or three of the Boston goals.

Two weak goals against in a big rivalry game...sucks.

C’mon boys. This is a great game. But only because we are winning. 

Got lucky with that offside call, and neither goalie was amazing.  Can't believe Mete didn't shoot for the hattie on that breakaway, some poor schmo in the crowd would have had to marry his girlfriend as per his sign.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neech said:

Can't believe Mete didn't shoot for the hattie on that breakaway, some poor schmo in the crowd would have had to marry his girlfriend as per his sign.

I think Mete's work with Tim Turk is really paying off -- especially now that Mete has broken his duck.

Boston 15 Games 56 goals

Toronto 16 games 56 goals

Montreal 15 games 56 goals 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Interesting...

Chiarot was asked post-game about the reasoning behind the new pairing. He said the idea was to put two defensemen that aren't fun to play against (Weber and Chiarot) against the Bruins' best line.

I didn't get to watch much of the game so I have no opinion on if it worked, but it's definitely ballsy to put your 2 worst skating defensemen on the ice against Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak and thinking, "Well they'll definitely be paying the price when they cross our blueline."

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Chiarot was asked post-game about the reasoning behind the new pairing. He said the idea was to put two defensemen that aren't fun to play against (Weber and Chiarot) against the Bruins' best line.

I didn't get to watch much of the game so I have no opinion on if it worked, but it's definitely ballsy to put your 2 worst skating defensemen on the ice against Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak and thinking, "Well they'll definitely be paying the price when they cross our blueline."

This and the Danault line worked brilliantly.  I havent looked up the 5v5 advanced stats tonight but my feeling is that the danault line won their matchup against Bergeron and it wasnt particularly close (other than on faceoffs)