Victor Mete - Over/Under Goals - 2019-2020

xXx..CK..xXx

Will Victor Mete score over or under 5.5 goals in 2019-2020?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will Victor Mete score over or under 5.5 goals in 2019-2020?

• OVER
    • UNDER

Now that we no longer have to question when Victor Mete will score his first goal, the question has become how many goals will Victor Mete score this year? After Mete scored his second goal of the year tonight against the Bruins, I soon after thought to myself “he’s going to score like... 5 goals this year”.  Not long after, Mete potted his second of the game and 3rd of the year.

After taking into consideration that Mete has not scored in any game in the previous two years, and still has only scored in two separate games, the over/under is at 5.5 goals.

Will Victor Mete score 6 goals or more, or 5 goals or less this year? 

For some reference, Subban had 9 goals last year, and Sergachev had 6. (Kulak had 6) This is not to compare them, but it would at least be impressive if Victor could end the year over 5.5 goals.

My vote goes to: OVER

I think people are overestimating his projected total based on recent events. That being said, I still voted over 5.5. I would have had a tougher time voting over on 6.5 though. 

In the past 5 years, here are the Habs defensemen who have scored more than 5.5 goals.

1) Shea Weber (17, 14, 6)

2) P.K Subban (15, 6)

3) Petry [13, 12, 8]
4) Markov (10, 6)

5) Kulak (6)

If one goes back 10 years we can add a bunch more to some familiar names 

1) P.K Subban (14, 11, 10, 7)

2) Markov (10, 7, 6)

as well as 

3) Marc-Andre Bergeron (13)

4) James Wisniewski (7)

5) Roman Hamrlik (6)

In the past 5 years
5 defensemen have scored 6 or more goals

4 defensemen have scored 7 or more goals

4 defensemen have scored 10 or more goals

In the past 10 years

8 defensemen have scored 6 or more goals 

6 defensemen have scored 7 or more goals 

5 defensemen have scored 10 or more goals

• Upvote 2

With his simply gorgeous skating ability, its my guess that once he's really confident in the defensive aspect , he'll gradually start to use that deep skill offensively and probably do quite to very well at it. That's my hunch anyway. 

On 11/13/2019 at 7:15 AM, Toronthab said:

With his simply gorgeous skating ability, its my guess that once he's really confident in the defensive aspect , he'll gradually start to use that deep skill offensively and probably do quite to very well at it. That's my hunch anyway. 

He had some huge back checks last game too. The best is yet to come 

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I like him with Petry. 

And Chiarot with Weber seems to work as well. Not sure how the fancy stats look with 6-53 & 26-8 vs.6-8 & 26-53.

• 3 months later...

Well, I was always going to bump this thread eventually however it came a little earlier than expected. With Mete out for the rest of the season, it looks as though he will not reach the 6 goal plateau this year. 

As of November 15th, 2019 through February 26th, 2020, 13 people voted “Over” and 1 person voted “Under” 5.5 goals as a prediction for how many goals Victor Mete would score this year. 

He ended with 4 goals in 51 games. Prorated: 6.43 goals/82 games 

Final result: Under