Peter Vandermeer Signed

jl.roberts

What is the logic of cutting Jason Ward, and signing Vandermeer for what has to be about the same cost? League minimum is $400,000, I beleive. I presume they just want him to set an example for the kids in Hamilton, the way that Gavin Morgan did last season.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

I don't think they brought in Vandermeer to play in Hamilton. The Habs don't have a tough guy, and he's a better option than Ivanans probably.

BTW, league minimum is 450,000

Both haven't played a NHL game so far, they should battle it out in pre-season. Let's ready to rumble Raitis ... :D

I know that I mentioned this in the 'Gainey sleeping?' string but this is probably a more appropriate string.

RDS-TV announced, this morning, that Montreal is intererested in acquiring Peter Worrell.

As before, hmmm.....

:ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by shortcat1

I know that I mentioned this in the 'Gainey sleeping?' string but this is probably a more appropriate string.

RDS-TV announced, this morning, that Montreal is intererested in acquiring Peter Worrell.

As before, hmmm.....

:ghg::ghg:

No, please say that this isn't true. This alcoholic idiot who can't skate should play for the HABS?! It would be the worst signing in the last years ... :wall: :puke:

[Edited on 3-8-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

Jason Ward was a useful guy on the 3rd or 4th line.

Unfortunately, his qualifying offer was around $650,000...the team couldn't offer him less then that. Gainey can replace him with a player he'll pay the minimum...and he knows it obviously.

• 1 month later...

I was looking at Vandermeer's career stats today and I realized that I've probably seen him play in person. He spent parts of two seasons with the Columbus Chill of the ECHL. I don't recall the name though, he wasn't the primary fighter on the team.