Will Brisebois be back?

JLP

I hope he never comes back to Montreal, or if he does he'll be wearing an opponents jersey.

I'm pretty sure he's done here. Hopefully the forum ghosts will leave with him. :P

It's sad to see him go now, when it looked as if his career had finaly turned around a bit. Who knows if he would have stayed had there been a season last year.

Everything happens for a reason though, but my guess is that Gainey will look elsewhere to fill the whole on D.

I'd be massively surprised if he was back. On RDS TV, it was stated that he wouldn't be back. He appreciated what Bob Gainey did for him but he was tired of the treatment he got from the local press and, especially, the Bell Boo Birds. Can't say that I blame him

Brisebois happy to leave Habs

Perhaps the greatest pressure cooker in the NHL, Patrice Brisebois was glad to leave the Montreal Canadiens, reports the Denver Post.

"When (Montreal general manager) Bob Gainey called me to tell me they were not picking up my option, to tell you the truth, I was happy. I think my time in Montreal was over. I needed a new challenge, new teammates."

In fact the first thing on his agenda when he became a free agent was: "To play as far as I can from Montreal."

Are the AVS coming to Montréal this season ...? :P

Can't really blame Brisebois wanting to get out of here. Smart move to go to a team that wouldn't visit us...

Can you imagine the reception he'd get at the Bell Center if he came back with another team?... ouch.