Satan still in the mix

By-Tor

Let him go to LA, now that Kovy is signed, I would like the 6th forward spot to go to Perezhogin or another youngin'. No sense using money on a need that can be filled within the organization.

They need to use the remaining money to sign a great D-man, and leave a little bit extra for next season if possible, if you get my drift ;)

[Edited on 8-3-05 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Let him go to LA, now that Kovy is signed, I would like the 6th forward spot to go to Perezhogin or another youngin'. No sense using money on a need that can be filled within the organization.

They need to use the remaining money to sign a great D-man, and leave a little bit extra for next season if possible, if you get my drift ;)

Unless we trade Riberio and Dagenais............:clap::/):bow:

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

also for midseason cup-run money if necessary.

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu

Unless we trade Riberio and Dagenais............:clap::/):bow:

I'd much rather have those two guys than Satan. Satan is past his prime in my opinion, and not worth the money he's being offered. He's nowhere close to Kovalev's talent, and is being offered just .25 million less?

Plus, signing Satan and dumping those two would still make it very hard to sign a good D-man and still have some wiggle room.

Originally posted by Prime Minister Koivu
Originally posted by simonus

I dont see satan as a center...

I was thinking by trading ribs you were giving bonk the 2nd line job

Ryder-Bonk-Satan

That is a solid second line!

Yeah but it screws out 3rd line. Bonk is the PERFECT fit for 3rd line centre. We need a big player like Bonk on the 3rd line to match up against the opponents top lines.

Instead of trading Ribeiro I think Ryder or Zednik might be dealt, Ryder isnt making it easy on the habs to get him signed.

And... Instead of signing a UFA D, maybe we're going to trade for one? Maybe that was Bob's plan all along.

Originally posted by puck7x

Yeah but it screws out 3rd line. Bonk is the PERFECT fit for 3rd line centre. We need a big player like Bonk on the 3rd line to match up against the opponents top lines.

Instead of trading Ribeiro I think Ryder or Zednik might be dealt, Ryder isnt making it easy on the habs to get him signed.

And... Instead of signing a UFA D, maybe we're going to trade for one? Maybe that was Bob's plan all along.

You are absolutely right but the possability of getting more great talent on the Habs has me excited (regardless of Satan or someone else)

a Dman is #1 priority right now- no question.

Originally posted by jl.roberts

Yes I think we have the assets to trade for a D. Really, the one's on the UFA market aren't all that interesting with the exception of a handul. It's quantity, not quality.

anybody else get the feeling that a lot of the UFA signings have been teams exchanging problems, screwing their cap visibility , and getting diminishing returns on investments. Especially if obstruction rules stick, philly is soooooooooo screwed with the ancient treants they have patroling their D.

How many games did hatcher play last season?

For that matter, how many games is Jamie Allison play?

Well, personally I think anything is possible on the trade front.

I could see Ribs traded in a package if we have a shot at getting a guy like Lecavalier.

I could see Zednik traded for a D if we sign a guy like Satan.

How about this possibility:

Satan-Koivu-Kovalev

Ryder-Lecavalier-Perezhogin

Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom

Plekanec-Begin-Worrell

Higgins/Hossa also available for 3/4 line duties.

Norstrom-Markov

Souray-Komisarek

Hainsey-Rivet

Boullion

Not sure if Zednik would be enough to get Norstrom straight but I'd do that deal...and I'd be okay if we added to it a bit on our side.

As for getting Lecavalier...I think his value is extremely overrated by many on this board. Not that he's a bad player...just that I don't think it would take much more then Ribs to get him. Maybe just add a middle round pick or a middle prospect and Tampa might just bite...jmho...of course, what the hell do I know...lol.

I could also see Bulis dealt easily because Higgins can easily take his spot...

[Edited on 2005/8/3 by Zowpeb]