Is Gainey Done???

habsfan_69

I believe Gainey's done, unless he signs a depth veteran, someone to fill the 6th/7th position on defence, or the 4th line. It would obviously have to be someone fairly inexpensive since they will not have a lot of cap room once all the RFA's are signed.

Originally posted by Dalhabs
Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by KidRock

There are still rumblings about Selanne, Worrell and to a lesser extent Kariya

Selanne: No thanks. He's past his prime. Sure it would be "nice" for Koivu and Selanne to re-unite, but how successful would they be together? Honestly. I'm not interested at all.

Whats with everybody saying "Reunite" when it comes to Selläne and Koivu? They've only played together a few games in the finnish national team. NEVER in a club team.

Well its still technically re-uniting then. Whenever they've played together on national teams they always had great success (am I wrong?).

But.... Boo Selanne. No thanks!

Originally posted by puck7x

But.... Boo Selanne. No thanks!

yeah, you usually say, I hope that at best our rookies will have a similar production to Selanne...

I'd be deceived if they have a comparable production to Selanne, he's finished. same goes for Amonte. former snipers.

I may have posted this before, but if the Habs wanted to shore up their defence, then I'd gamble on a guy like Jason Doig. He has decent size and toughness, is a good skater, is only 28, and has been a regular in Washington the past couple of years. He has this claim to fame: on Jan 29, 2004 he checked Lindros into the boards, giving Lindros his eigth career concussion . The guy is from Montreal, and may be willing to sign with the Habs for a low contract.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...tarSource=email

Back in 2001 Michaud was an emergency call up from his junior team, due to injuries to both Habs starters at the time. Jeff Hackett [dislocated shoulder] and Jose Theodore [concussion] were not ready to play. I believe that Mathieu Garon was called up from the AHL to be the Habs starter, and that Michaud was his backup. During one of the games that Garon started, he was injured and so Michaud got an opportunity to play 18 minutes.

That was a different scenario then what the Habs would face if they kept Price after training camp and the exhibition season are over. Under the previous CBA, all teams are allowed the first 10 games of the season to evaluate a junior player before they either have to return him to junior or keep him and pay his junior club the development fee. I believe it used to be around $250K, but I'm not sure what the new CBA has that figure set to now. Also, starting Price as a regular NHLer at 18 would start his pro career early, making him one of the types of players that would be eligible for UFA status when he's 25.

Originally posted by beckham

Would probably be a great experience for him. I think They are allowed to keep a junior for a certain period of time in the event of injury to a regular NHLer without altering the prospect status of the junior. They carried Olivier Michaud with the parent team back when he was an 18 year old for a few weeks.

Originally posted by habscout

That was a different scenario then what the Habs would face if they kept Price after training camp and the exhibition season are over. Under the previous CBA, all teams are allowed the first 10 games of the season to evaluate a junior player before they either have to return him to junior or keep him and pay his junior club the development fee. I believe it used to be around $250K, but I'm not sure what the new CBA has that figure set to now. Also, starting Price as a regular NHLer at 18 would start his pro career early, making him one of the types of players that would be eligible for UFA status when he's 25.

That's what happend to Marc-André Fleury. The Pens shipped his ass down to the minors.

Those were the days were all the experts were saying the Calder was going to be given to either Fleury or Jason King of the Vancouver Canucks.

I'd like to see Danis get a shot in the NHL but to be honest I hope that him backing up Theodore won't affect his development. Yann does need to play some hockey in order to do so and I doubt sitting on the bench is the best way.

Sure, one would argue he would be training with Reland Melanson but first and foremost he needs to be playing to gain experience.

At this point though, it should be interesting to see the Bulldogs next season. Halak, Danis and Deslauriers (I'm assuming the Oilers send him to Hamilton) should make an interesting battle for number one goalie.