Time for a lineup thread...

puck7x

Well, I created the lineup icon for a reason :D

Since we've made a few signings (Kovalev, Dandy, Streit) since the last lineup thread, lets look at where we stand now....

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Zhog/Dags - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Vandermeer - Begin - Higgins?/Plekanec?

Spares: Higgins/Plekanec/Dags/Hossa (whoever doesnt win a lineup spot)

Souray - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Bouillon - Dandenault

Spares: Streit/Hainsey

Theodore

Danis/Huet (who knows)

I'm a bit worried about that 4th line, but not "that" worried, since its just a 4th line and will only be on the ice for a few minutes per game... anyways Gainey likely isnt done wheeling and dealing.

Looks decent. Definite playoff team

markov - rivet

souray - dandenault / bouillon

komisarek - hainsey / bouillon

we're gonna get demolished... I'm gonna try to hav a date on the nights we're gonna be facing the flyrs and the pens.. rafalski or stevens.. think bob think.. and think faster than u usually do because the time it takes you to say a sentence another gm would have made 5 phone calls already.. lol (sarcasm, I respect our bob but he still can't be serious about that defence..)

With that suggested fourth line, it depends on their usage. I understand that these players are, for the better part, 'fill' or spare-off to give the others some breathing time.

If this is the case, then this line should be ok. They will be a multi-purpose line defense here, offense there and a sort-of-break-in-the-rookies line.

I have few worries about your proposed fourth line.

Originally posted by shortcat1

I have few worries about your proposed fourth line.

I doubt that we actually start the year with that 4th line. I'm sure Gainey isnt done shopping, or trading. We only have 1 forward who has a right handed shot (Ryder) and he is not a centre. Remember when we acquired Jim Dowd? The main reason was because he is a right handed centre. We could still use one of those. Really helps for faceoffs, gives us more options.

It's premature for a lineup thread... I smell trades... (I mean with Teams capped and having to clear salary, how can they not trade... that's where we come in the portrait)

Sopel was had for a 3rd or 2nd... I'd like to do a move like that... Gagné is on the market, I wonder what it could cost us... in Any way.

VOICI LES CANADIENS DE MONTRÉAL!!!

Zed - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Ribs - Ryder

Perez - Bonk - Bulis

Vandermeer - Begin - Sunny

*I purposedly interchanged the two way RC with the offensive minded rookie so that the offensive minded can be backed up by the Two way vets and so that the two way one can back up the two offensive minded vets.

I looooove Zednik, but... The rookies could push him out of the lineup since he cannot play without Koivu (he really sucked everytime he was paired with Ribs last season)

Souray - Komi

Markov - Dandenault

Streit - Rivet

1st pairing: yeah komi, the komi I saw in playoffs forced BG to trade away Quintal and not re sign Briser, he's definitly ready for the spotlight

2nd pairing: imo Dandy is better than Rivet, less physical, but more realiable and way faster, anyway, I expect Markov to turn into a superstar this season I hope we can sign him to very long term, otherwise he's gonna be asking for an awful lot of money next season

3rd pairing: Streit is for real, BG wanted to sign him last season, but because of the incertainty of the lockout, Streit wanted to stay there.... IMO, he's a talented version of Bouillon... or a Hainsey with some heart... or a fusion of Hainsey and Bouillon... anyway you wanna see it... :D

I'll go with what I'd like to see, no maybes or ifs

1- Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

2- Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Ryder

3- Bulis - Bonk - Begin

4- Higgins - Plekanec - Sundstrom

A- Souray - Dandeneault

B- Markov - Komisarek

C- Bouillon - Rivet

X- Theodore

Y- Huet

-------------------------------------------

1- No brainer

2- Basically rotate Perezhogin, Higgins & Plekanec and see who clicks and who does best

3- I'd rather see an energy guy like Begin to keep Bulis & Bonk interested. Also because you could call that line the Killer B's. :P

4- Basically whoever isnt playing LW on line 2 goes here. It'd have offensive potential without hurting you defensively with Sunny backing it up.

A & B- Basically the same potential for both pairs. A mobile guy with a big guy.

C- Bouillon has a headstart on anyone else. Rivet's just there by default

X- Duh

Y- Huet should be back early, so Danis can return starting in the AHL as he should.

What's wrong with this line-up? As far I can see, what we have here are defensive lines 1A and 1B.

By the way, where did you get this 'info'?

When it comes to a possible 4th policeman everyone seems to be overlooking Raitis Ivanans who played in Hamilton last year and is signed through the 05/06 season. He is huge (both height and weight), can skate very well for a big man and isn't too shaby when it comes to dropping the gloves.

I don't see a big problem with our defense now. It's young , mobile, some offensive skill and some grittyness. If Souray is healthy he should be an offensive presence again. markov, danenealt have some offensive prowess as well, and Rivet and Komo add toughness. Looks good to me. In fact I have to make them a cup favorite right now along with Ottawa. Unlike a lot of teams we have keep almost our entire linup, have upgraded the D and have some promising youngsters comng on the scene. All the big name free agents are spread out across the league so no one was a big "winner". gainey has also keep some room under the cap by not going crazy signing free agents so if a need arises during the year he has some flexibility. can't wait to follow this team . I get RDS so i will see every game this year. Yes!!!!!

Originally posted by Tony

I doubt Vandermeer will play with the Habs. He seems like a logical fit for Hamilton considering their 3rd and 4th lines weren't that great defensively.

Guys are very optimistic about him, some of them saw him in AHL and what I understood is that he's our Begin version of a brawler... more than 300 penalty minutes

and just as Dandy for his ice time, depth of the teams he was in prevented him to be in NHL (hey, when Handzus and Brashear are on the 4th line, do you care that Vandermeer is burning the AHL???) What I understood is that this guy can skate and has a sound defensive game...

[Edited on 8-5-05 by Fanpuck33]

The brilliancy behind the Dandenault signing is that he can start as a winger and replace any defenceman that proves he doesn't have it (Streit, Hainsey.) If the D flourish, Dandenault stays a winger. But if Hainsey or Streit suck, Dandenault moves down to take their place.

Just a possible scenario to consider

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Trade - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundström

Perezhogin - Begin - Hossa

Souray - Dandenault

Markov - Rivet

Streit - Boullion

I think we're up fro a trade. Or Gainey has Dandenault as a forward.

I can't imagine we going with 8 defenceman. Someone's up for a trade. Or some. If this is my luckyday I hope that Komisarek or Hainsey could land us Simon Gagne.

I know we miss defence prospect and giving up the only two we have may be stupid.

But I think Komisarek for Gagne would make sense for a lot of reasons.

Originally posted by ch_nl

But I think Komisarek for Gagne would make sense for a lot of reasons.

Please explain your reasons, because I dont see what it could be. Komisarek is the future of our defense, something we're extremely thin on. On the other hand we have about 5 or 6 wingers in the system who could step up in the very near future.

As you wish.

As I see it our second line is a bit weak. Dagenais? Sure I like him. He scores goal but I don't know if he's good enough to be the second winger.

Simon Gagne is French-Canadian. To some that don't means shit but to some it does.

Gagne is two-way forward first or second line caliber. We have Bonk, Bulis and Sundström but they're all projected on the same line.

I would rather see Hainsey traded since I don't have faith in him no more. But I think Hainsey would be harder to trade and I think Clarke would love to have Komisarek and not Hainsey.

And since we have 8 defenceman and not 7 I think there's something coming.

And if it is Gagne we're aiming at I think Komisarek is the price. I wish it was Hainsey but I don't think so.

Clarke is forced to do things since he has players for 29 millions and still a bunch left to sign. The Habs could take advantage of the situation and if we're not going to have 8 defenders on the roster some one is the odd man out.

Souray? Our only All-Star defenceman.

Rivet? Who would want his salary?

Dandenault? Just got here.

Boullion? The perfect 7th.

Markov? Aint coming back from Russia?

Streit? One-way deal. No.

Hainsey?

Komisarek?

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Ryder

Higgins - Bonk - Sundstrom

Dandenault - Begin - Plekanec

Odds: Dags & Hossa

Souray - Komisarek

Markov - Rivet

Hainsey - Streit

7th: Bouillon

Theodore

Huet/UFA

I figure Plekanec and Bulis are the odd men out. There really isn't a place of Pleks on the team unless he plays the right side. One of them will prob get traded.

I am glad everyone agrees on what Bonk is there for. I do think that Hossa might get a shot on the third with Bonk, he will never be the offensive guy that his brother is, but he has the size to play the 3rd with Bonk and Bonk has already said he is looking forward to playing with him. Not sure how his defensive skills are though.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins/Zogh - Riberio - Ryder

Hossa - Bonk - Sundstrom

Bulis - Begin - ????

Souray

Komisarek

Rivet

Dandenault

Markov

Hainsey

Boullion

Streit

Could use an Anson Carter to play the wing on the second line but we have lots of young guys so we are ok if Bob doesn't make any more moves.